Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

6200 tickets for Munich!!!

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1208738,00.html

With another mass exodus of The Red Army anticipated for next month's crunch UEFA Cup clash with Bayern Munich in Germany, Dons chiefs have negotiated the pre-purchase of more than six thousand tickets to ensure that supporters will be able to enjoy what will be a massive game in a safe and segregated environment.

Pittodrie Managing Director Duncan Fraser commented, "Such has been the interest in the game, we are confident that our fans will respond accordingly to ensure yet another unforgettable European night in this club's history."

The 6200 tickets, priced at £28 and £20, will be allocated by ballot to season ticket holders and shareholders with a minimum of 260 shares and those eligible are invited to post their ballot papers to arrive no later than Friday 18th January. Ballot forms will be available at the Pittodrie ticket office and online from tomorrow (Tuesday 8th January), with full instructions on how they should be completed.

The match in Munich will kick-off at 5.45 pm GMT (6.45 pm local time) on Thursday 21st February.

In association with travel partner TMG, the Club is providing a private charter for the game, inclusive of accommodation, all transfers and match ticket, again for season ticket holders and shareholder with a minimum of 260 shares. For full details, please contact TMG - www.tmgsport.com - on 01926 425333.

Guest Shabba Ranks

but still shocked by it

Shocked.jpg

BigAl, pictured, when told the news that Aberdeen had paid up-front for 6200 tickets for the upcoming Bayern Munich game

:thumbsup:

They paid up front for Madrid tickets.

The story going around that they didn't ask for more tickets because they weren't prepared to pay for them up front was denied by the club after the game.

Nae doubting your word on that mate, but ffs this is for twice the amount of tickets :thumbsup:

I dinna ken fit daftie drafted that message but they are spreading confusion once again. Saying only st holders and shareholders will get tickets and through a ballot - like we will be taking far more than 6000!

Supporters clubs have been sent an email stating that there is a allocation for each club (probably similar to Madrid), hopefully they use the CIS semi order as we have aboot 70 fowk fae oor lot going  :thumbsup:

I dinna ken fit daftie drafted that message but they are spreading confusion once again. Saying only st holders and shareholders will get tickets and through a ballot - like we will be taking far more than 6000!

Supporters clubs have been sent an email stating that there is a allocation for each club (probably similar to Madrid), hopefully they use the CIS semi order as we have aboot 70 fowk fae oor lot going  :thumbsup:

Think they might do a wee count back for home games too Mizer.

wtf!!

Firstly we will never need anywhere near 6000 tickets so looks like the club will be out of pocket

Secondly I thought German football was cheap: £28 and £20 is a fair bit more than I was expecting , but will obviously quite happily pay it

Thirdly, while I think supply will not be out stretching demand this time, a big well done to afc for putting their hands in their pockets and ensuring we, the fans, are looked after this time.  Also a well done for the ballot.  Should have been done last time but better late than never

wtf!!

Firstly we will never need anywhere near 6000 tickets so looks like the club will be out of pocket

Secondly I thought German football was cheap: £28 and £20 is a fair bit more than I was expecting , but will obviously quite happily pay it

Thirdly, while I think supply will not be out stretching demand this time, a big well done to afc for putting their hands in their pockets and ensuring we, the fans, are looked after this time.  Also a well done for the ballot.  Should have been done last time but better late than never

Call me a dumbass but why have a ballot of ST holders when there are only 9000 and we have 6000+ tickets at our disposal ? Did I pick it up wrongly as I can't see more than 2000 ST holders going over to Munich.

Im after a bit of advice, during the summer i promised my brother id take him along to a European away leg tie this season but since hes not a season ticket holder im guessing theres no guarantee of getting a ticket for him?

What do you think the chances of being able to get a ticket for him is, im looking at booking flights but id much rather know theres a good chance we will both have tickets before i do!

Since im a season ticket holder im pretty confident ill get my hands on a ticket for myself but is there anything to stop my brother using a mates ST in order to get a ticket for munich? or is it just a case of applying to the ballot?