Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Groningen Away

Absolutely not. Crap at the goal (as were his defenders), his attempt at coming for a cross by starjumping in front of their attacker at the back post when he could have claimed the ball before it had even got to him was just awful.

Are you just choosing to pretend his save from de Leeuw when he looked certain to score at a point where the momentum was with them, that could well have saved the tie for us, just didn't happen, then?

Are you just choosing to pretend his save from de Leeuw when he looked certain to score at a point where the momentum was with them, that could well have saved the tie for us, just didn't happen, then?

Good save, aye. Are you choosing to ignore him costing us a goal which gave them the momentum?

Good save, aye. Are you choosing to ignore him costing us a goal which gave them the momentum?

I'm not choosing to ignore anything.  Just pointing out that the negative points you make are to some degree at least by balanced out by a cracking and very important save and as such, assertions that he is a 'clown' who must be dropped are, for lack of a better word, nonsense.

I'm not choosing to ignore anything.  Just pointing out that the negative points you make are to some degree at least by balanced out by a cracking and very important save and as such, assertions that he is a 'clown' who must be dropped are, for lack of a better word, nonsense.

Because of one save all is forgiven? Wise up. He makes the same mistakes consistently; I don't want him dropped because of one game as I'm sure you can work out for yourself. He's not good enough and never has been.

sooo we won then?

Shoot me down if you must but has the dons problems over the last few seasons been mainly the amount of goals they conceded  or more the inability to hit a cow's arse with a Banjo?

2012-13 Goals Scored      41 (3rd worst attack only ahead of Hearts & Dundee)

Goals Conceded 43 (2nd best defence in league behind Celtic)

Finished 8th

2013-14 Goals Scored    53 (4th best attack behind Celtic, Arabs and Motherwell)

Goals Conceided 38 (2nd Best defence in league behind Celtic)

Finished 3rd

Langfield has been consistent yet seems to be the first in the line of fire every season.

It would appear this year is going to be the same  ::)

Superb result last night, the lads went out and got the job done, 80% through my ....  :laughing:

As for Langfield, I see both sides of the coin with him, he is a good shot stopper and has saved us countless times since he has been at the club. At the same time you don't get the nickname 'clangers' for nothing lol!

sooo we won then?

Shoot me down if you must but has the dons problems over the last few seasons been mainly the amount of goals they conceded  or more the inability to hit a cow's arse with a Banjo?

2012-13 Goals Scored      41 (3rd worst attack only ahead of Hearts & Dundee)

Goals Conceded 43 (2nd best defence in league behind Celtic)

Finished 8th

2013-14 Goals Scored    53 (4th best attack behind Celtic, Arabs and Motherwell)

Goals Conceided 38 (2nd Best defence in league behind Celtic)

Finished 3rd

Langfield has been consistent yet seems to be the first in the line of fire every season.

It would appear this year is going to be the same  ::)

Jesus.

GK is one position I don't worry about too much. Langfield makes mistakes, yes, but is also one of the best shot stoppers I've seen. In many ways reminds me of a certain Bobby Clark.

We also seem to have some decent cover this season as well.

If in doubt, just remember Tony Warner and Nicky Walker

GK is one position I don't worry about too much. Langfield makes mistakes, yes, but is also one of the best shot stoppers I've seen. In many ways reminds me of a certain Bobby Clark.

We also seem to have some decent cover this season as well.

If in doubt, just remember Tony Warner and Nicky Walker

David Gonzalez, Bertrand Bossu, Nicky Weaver, Derek Soutar

They bottle it in Europe more than we have done  :o  When did they last progress to the next round?

Furthest they ever got in recent times was the playoff round on 2 occasions, 1 of  which was after losing a champs league qualifier to Panathanikos.

Yet according to UEFA Co-efficient they are 189th while the Dons are 320th which is the lowest rank of all the Scottish clubs in the co-efficient. Fucking Sevco are still down as 95th?! Hearts, Arabs, St Johnstone and Hibs are all ahead of the Dons

Great performance and result. I'm not convinced Groningen are as good a team as a lot of people are making out - they are fairly pedestrian, no real flair or cutting edge, but credit to our lads for doing the job so well.

Langfield though... seriously brutal. We can't go on with this clown in goals.

Agreed on pretty much both points. I think it was more the Groningen fans that felt they were so much better (A lot of them did anyway). I myself saw it as very much 50/50 as to who would win the tie over the two legs. I was hearing that we were as much as 9/2 to win the game at times on Thursday?  :o Couldn't believe that.

As for Langfield....  ::) When that header went in I could have fucking throttled him. And after seeing it again I could have throttled him again. A professional goalkeeper should keep that out all day long. But the save he made in the second half (which was looking like a certain goal) definitely took the heat off of him. Although I'd also say that Logan should have done much better in making a nuisance of himself in the air when challenging for the cross.

As for the trip itself.. I had a great time. Spent 2 nights in Groningen and Friday night in Amsterdam. Amsterdam is superb.  :thumbsup: Both places were to be fair. Both places were beautiful. Weather really warm (if a little damp in Amsterdam at times). Truth be told when I heard there was a minute's silence I was a little worried given the large number of mongs that often makes up our support coupled with the copious amounts of alcohol being consumed but I have to say the behaviour of Aberdeen fans for the whole trip (as far as I saw) was impeccable and the silence was perfectly observed to my relief. Although away from the game it did threaten to kick off a few times. Once in the fan park on Wednesday night which I witnessed myself. Groningen and Aberdeen fans engaged in a sing off had to be separated after the Groningen fans tried to incite a rammy by surging towards the Aberdeen fans. A few bottles went flying. And there was the whole launching a fucking bike at the pipe band thing. Fucking embarrassing behaviour. There were many Groningen fans that we chatted to were sound but there was some utter knobs. Every time we sang the Jonny Hayes song they'd changes the words to "fuck you, Aberdeen" which I could handle but their arrogance (which was unwarranted all along) made it all the sweeter that we won. And belting out "Fuck you Groningen" in the stadium was ace.

Now. What pubs in Inverness will be showing the away leg on Thursday? Probably a long shot. :(

Aye, Tyrant - you've forgotten the best part of your trip....?

Rated Groningen as a destination, their team is pish though. Their 'mob' was also an embarrassment, they ran so fast I almost spilt my G&T.

Langfield has been reliable enough the last 18 months or so, but we can and should have somebody much better than him.

Gutted to not be making Spain this week.

How could I forget Dave min?

Dave min is referring to the meeting of two internet legends. One of them is obviously me and the other is of course Minijc.  :thumbsup:

And then after the game I bumped into Dave min. Not literally, like. I tend to watch where I'm walking.