Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

FAILED!

I think this is the right decision, but it should have never been allowed to happen.

Motherwell are on good form just now, and are competing for the Euro spot...we are one of few teams who are their direct competitors. Why should they be disadvantaged by not playing a team who will have Europe on their minds?

If Jimmy decides to rest players before the Copenhagen game against Motherwell then as a club that is our cross to bear. That's football.

Actually, it's on the basis that Motherwell said no, whereas Gretna said yes to the Huns.

Correct, but i guess the point in question is whether they would have said no to either half of the bigot brothers. Personally think it is short sighted of Well and hope that we get the chance to even the score with them some time in the future.

I think this is the right decision, but it should have never been allowed to happen.

Motherwell are on good form just now, and are competing for the Euro spot...we are one of few teams who are their direct competitors. Why should they be disadvantaged by not playing a team who will have Europe on their minds?

If Jimmy decides to rest players before the Copenhagen game against Motherwell then as a club that is our cross to bear. That's football.

Don't blame Motherwell at all but SPL being shown up as amateurs pandering to the powerful clubs now.  An absolute joke.

Guest Shabba Ranks

Don't blame Motherwell at all but SPL being shown up as amateurs pandering to the powerful clubs now.  An absolute joke.

Gretna agreed, Motherwell didn't.

Guest Shabba Ranks

JC on radio last week saying we would not be looking for postponement but now we have a few injuries we change our minds.  Doesn't look to good on us either.

FFS, what's the problem in asking, especially if we've got a few injuries?  Makes sense to rest the players before a big Euro game if it's possible.  Ever team/manager rests players if they've a bigger game coming up and can afford too.  Man United will be resting the majority of their first 11 against Roma seeing as they've delivered top-spot and have a huge game away to Liverpool this Sunday. 

If Aberdeen have a chance of getting the date of the fixture changed, then it makes sense for them to try.

The Copenhagen game is the biggest game Aberdeen have had for years, and I applaud them for having a forward thinking approach here.  Typical JC bashing as per usual.  Ridiculous.

JC on radio last week saying we would not be looking for postponement but now we have a few injuries we change our minds.  Doesn't look to good on us either.

Exactly my problem with it. This was a great opportunity to show Rangers that they were being ridiculous and that we are bigger and better than that. Now we just look like a bunch of pricks trying to bend the rules in our favour. I'd hoped after the Kingston fuck up we would understand that stance and take the moral high ground.

Guest Shabba Ranks

Exactly my problem with it. This was a great opportunity to show Rangers that they were being ridiculous and that we are bigger and better than that. Now we just look like a bunch of pricks trying to bend the rules in our favour. I'd hoped after the Kingston fuck up we would understand that stance and take the moral high ground.

If it wasn't Rangers, there'd be no problem with it.  It's just them v us and we're taking some ridiculous moral high ground. Pfft

For instance, if Barry Nicholson gets injured in the Murderwell game and misses Copenhagen, will you still have this view point?

FFS, what's the problem in asking, especially if we've got a few injuries? 

No problem at all since the precident is there.  If we think that the old firm wouldn't do exactly the same then we are kidding ourselves.  Only difference is that the old firm would have their request granted by SPL no matter what Motherwell or anyone else say.

Guest Shabba Ranks

Only difference is that the old firm would have their request granted by SPL no matter what Motherwell or anyone else say.

And in other news, Princess Diana was killed by MI5

If it wasn't Rangers, there'd be no problem with it.  It's just them v us and we're taking some ridiculous moral high ground. Pfft

For instance, if Barry Nicholson gets injured in the Murderwell game and misses Copenhagen, will you still have this view point?

To be fair he could get injured training at the weekend instead of in a game.  Most of our injuries seem to happen at training.

Guest Shabba Ranks

There's nothing stopping Jimmy resting any players for the match against Motherwell.

I know, but I'm sure he'd rather play the best players available to make sure of the result, so if there's a small chance that he could get the fixture changed to eliminate the need for this, what's the harm in trying?  Because Rangers did it and, "we don't wanna be like them."

Motherwell will have said no because they'll see this as a better opportunity to take the points off us in the hope that we do rest players.  If they'd changed the fixture, they'd be giving us an advantage some would argue.

To be fair he could get injured training at the weekend instead of in a game.  Most of our injuries seem to happen at training.

:hammer:

There's more chance of a player being injured in a game than training.

Motherwell will have said no because they'll see this as a better opportunity to take the points off us in the hope that we do rest players.  If they'd changed the fixture, they'd be giving us an advantage some would argue.

I know this too, I'd already said it in my first post.  :thumbsup:

The SPL have made an arse of this whole situation, by not making a clear decision on the matter.

- Teams could begin rearranging the football schedule to suit their own objectives, with some teams grouping together to allow some fixtures to change and others not.

- TV companies like Setanta will start having an interest. Imagine that the decision to change a fixture came down to the opinion of an executive who was a supporter of a team that it could benefit, or the rival to one that it wouldn't?

Pandora's box has been opened and we've found a fucking jobby in it.