Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Diamond and Barry Nic...

Dons duo Zander Diamond and Barry Nicholson are on the brink of signing new deals with the club.

We can reveal Diamond demanded a meeting with boss Jimmy Calderwood at the weekend to rubbish a newspaper report claiming he plans to quit Pittodrie.

Nicholson also confirmed he hopes to finally sort out his future when he meets Calderwood later today.

The Dons boss is also confident the club will get a positive responses from Michael Hart, Jamie Langfield and Chris Clark 0 who are also considering new deals - over the next few days.

The "news" Diamond was leaving was splashed as an exclusive by a morning newspaper ahead of Aberdeen's 2-1 SPL win over Kilmarnock.

It was news to the Dons defender as well, because he went straight to Pittodrie to assure Calderwood he plans to stay with the Dons.

Calderwood said: "I never read the story but Zander was annoyed enough to ask to see me as soon as he could.

"He was clearly angry and said the story was a load of rubbish, which is pleasing for us.

"Zander and his agent are expected to sort things out this week.

"I don't think the Dons fans need worry too much about what is going to happen with him.

"We also expect to get all the others sorted out this week as well.

"I will be shocked if we don't get the answers we are hoping for."

Nicholson, who scored from the penalty spot in the 2-1 win over Killie, looked set to commit himself to the Dons by the end of today.

Nicholson said: "We'll find out today. My agent is having a meeting with the manager.

"I want things sorted out because I enjoy it up here and hopefully we can get something done.

"I don't want anything to drag on so I'm hopeful."

Calderwood will be off scouting for new players until Thursday, so the final discussions with Diamond, Hart, Langfield and Clark will conducted by Dons football director Willie Miller.

He said: "We have made the best offers possible, three year contracts that offer the players security.

"Now we need answers and we hope all five players will choose to stay.

"If not, then we will go to the next stage and start planning on how to replace them."

Miller also confirmed he will open contract talks with Lee Miller and Richie Byrne this week.

Keeping Diamond is a must, and if someone want to take him - they will have to splash the cash!

I don't mind AFC chat - Just passing comment that it has been FULL of unfounded transfer rumours for the past couple of days.

Today its all doom and gloom again.  Either some seriously deluded folk on that site, or people are constantly fishing with the negative remarks all the time.

i wonder about some peoples agenda's are in general amongst the aberdeen support - not just on afc chat... honestly think some people enjoy being prophets of doom beause it makes them seem more self important.

Things are going good for the club just now but you'd think it was back to the steve paterson days!

...although, whoever start the Larsson rumour must have a sense of humour!!!

Indeed.

Doesn't matte how well we are doing, there are always some fans whose pints are half empty, and that goes for all clubs.

i wonder about some peoples agenda's are in general amongst the aberdeen support - not just on afc chat... honestly think some people enjoy being prophets of doom beause it makes them seem more self important.

Things are going good for the club just now but you'd think it was back to the steve paterson days!

...although, whoever start the Larsson rumour must have a sense of humour!!!

I think you're right about the "self important" thing.  The same people that spout a majority of the negative stuff are the same retards that come away with stuff like "Atletico Madrid / Loko Moscow / Panathaniakos were pish and were there for the taking" or ""At least we were entertained under Ebbe Skovdahl".

Spastics, to a man and there is no point in rising to it as it's blatant attention seeking from popple who probably didn't get hugged enough as nippers...

Really, Hendrik Larsson - like he'd get in the team ahead of Lee Miller... ;)

I think you're right about the "self important" thing.  The same people that spout a majority of the negative stuff are the same retards that come away with stuff like "Atletico Madrid / Loko Moscow / Panathaniakos were pish and were there for the taking" or ""At least we were entertained under Ebbe Skovdahl".

Spastics, to a man and there is no point in rising to it as it's blatant attention seeking from popple who probably didn't get hugged enough as nippers...

Really, Hendrik Larsson - like he'd get in the team ahead of Lee Miller... ;)

certainly dont want a return to the Ebbe days but i do think some have a point about the Loko game. they werent near as  good as what was made out and we could have taken them. dont think i've heard anyone say we could have taken Atletico.  It hought they always looked like they could step it up at anytime. 3 nil did flatter Pana and we might have sneeked a draw.

Guest Shabba Ranks

i do think some have a point about the Loko game. they werent near as  good as what was made out and we could have taken them.

Anyone that watched that game and doesn't think they were one of the best technical sides to have played at Pittodrie for the last 20 years doesn't know football.  A draw was a fair result, although we rode our luck at times.

dont think i've heard anyone say we could have taken Atletico.

But there are those that seriously think we should've gotten something from the game.  :lolabove:

It hought they always looked like they could step it up at anytime. 3 nil did flatter Pana and we might have sneeked a draw.

Eh?  The Greeks are a very good side, they aren't top of the group for nothing.  They beat us in 3rd gear.

Anyone that watched that game and doesn't think they were one of the best technical sides to have played at Pittodrie for the last 20 years doesn't know football.   A draw was a fair result, although we rode our luck at times.

But there are those that seriously think we should've gotten something from the game.  :lolabove:

Eh?  The Greeks are a very good side, they aren't top of the group for nothing.  They beat us in 3rd gear.

oh well i must not know football. get aff yer high horse, others are allowed an  opinion

Guest Shabba Ranks

oh well i must not know football. get aff yer high horse, others are allowed an  opinion

Just as long as you know.

Seriously though, do you not think they were technically brilliant?  Some of their one-touch passing in the game was fantastic, even more-so when you take into account how windy it was that night

Just as long as you know.

Seriously though, do you not think they were technically brilliant?  Some of their one-touch passing in the game was fantastic, even more-so when you take into account how windy it was that night

yes some of their passing was great to watch but IMO we gave them too much respect.

A sad and bitter man.

Just because others have opinions that differ from yours gives you no right to come out with that

abuse.

Guest Shabba Ranks

yes some of their passing was great to watch but IMO we gave them too much respect.

I think I know what you're getting at,  :thumbsup:, but do you not think that if we'd opened up a bit more and were a bit more gung-ho in our approach we may have easily lost that game?  We were a bit stand-offish at times in the game, but you can't be throwing yourselves into challenges in European competition.

Remember, this team has little European experience.

I think I know what you're getting at,  :thumbsup:, but do you not think that if we'd opened up a bit more and were a bit more gung-ho in our approach we may have easily lost that game?  We were a bit stand-offish at times in the game, but you can't be throwing yourselves into challenges in European competition.

Remember, this team has little European experience.

i know what your are saying and i didnt mean throwing challenges in left right and centre but i meant get into them alot more than we did.