Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The (lack of) Pittodrie Atmosphere

I remember going to games when I was younger, sitting at the top of RDU and there was singing throughout the whole game, even when we were playing diddy teams.

Now there seems to be no singing, or very little. Even though it was a testimonial, at Simmie's match I didn't here one chant at all.

It felt like it got worse when our performances got worse under McGhee, sadly now that the performances are getting better and results are improving the atmosphere hasn't caught up.

Needs more than half a season of half decent results IMO my opinion.

Agree that standing sections are a good idea. They're not difficult to make safe so don't have to be dangerous. Get it done.

Needs more than half a season of half decent results IMO my opinion.

Agree that standing sections are a good idea. They're not difficult to make safe so don't have to be dangerous. Get it done.

Agreed, the fans have been let down by the club on so many occassions over the years that if you combine that with the current financial situation most folk it's not surprising folk aren't rushing back.  It's a shame for this team, but it will take time to build that trust again.

A standing section needs to be sorted asap where seated folk cannot go and complain. Moany fuckers!

• 1 month later...

So of those who went, how was Section S? Read elsewhere that there was the best atmosphere at Pittodrie in years.  Also, a few folk seem congratulating the Motherwell fans on the drum.  I love drums at football, definitely encourages folk to sing along ( in games i've been to anyway ) though i'm sure a few of you would disagree.

• 3 months later...

I read elsewhere that the club have knocked back a fans proposal for making the Merkie a singing section without giving an alternative solution.  Nice of them to ensure that there will be no atmosphere and ensuring the gulf between the fans and the club grows.  I fail to see how they expect to be providing a family friendly atmosphere when families will cease to attend?!?

without giving an alternative solution.

The alternative solution is pretty obvious to anyone who can compare Aberdeen FC's fortunes over the last 10 years.  A singing section of any kind is not the answer.  Are those who sing so insecure that they're feart of offending the sweetie rustlers?  The answer to that is obviously yes.  The fucking fairies who suggest these things have the club they deserve.

The alternative solution is pretty obvious to anyone who can compare Aberdeen FC's fortunes over the last 10 years.  A singing section of any kind is not the answer.  Are those who sing so insecure that they're feart of offending the sweetie rustlers?  The answer to that is obviously yes.  The fucking fairies who suggest these things have the club they deserve.

I used to be of the same opinion, but i'm now of the opinion that something needs to be done.  From memory, I've been told to sit down at Pittodrie more than any other ground i've visited which clearly is not conducive to creating any atmosphere whatsoever.  There are many more fanny's that have the club they deserve.

The singing section would have 100 folk max in it. Complete waste of space.

The should however go back to only allowing kids (or atleast kids prices) in the Merkie.

It is empty every week and every stand now has families in wanting to sit down, applaud politely and avoid fucking swearing.

To be honest there are only two solutions to improving the atmosphere.

1) WIN FOOTBATCHES

2) Get everyone hammered, a la away games, and shove them all into a small area in one stand, kick out the stewards, let them stand and voila

• 5 weeks later...