Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Well

I thought Magennis did ok for what he isn't (a footballer) and he seemed to enjoy running down the wing and putting the ball in. His pace caused problems at times. However he'd still be second player that I'd get rid of if I could. The first obviously being Jamie Langfield. He made one or two decent saves but none that I wouldn't have expected him to make. And when Motherwell (or any team) hit's a mis-kicked sclaff at goal and it's trundling towards Jamie Langfield I've never got any confidence in him keeping it oot.  :hammer: His kicking yesterday was the worst I've ever seen it. He gave the ball away to Motherwell's front pairing on at least 1 occasion and fucked up many of the rest of the kicks. It's a matter of time before this directly results in a goal being conceded.

Decent fight back which I never expected but for FFS we should start like that, not finish.

I thought Magennis did ok for what he isn't (a footballer) and he seemed to enjoy running down the wing and putting the ball in. His pace caused problems at times. However he'd still be second player that I'd get rid of if I could. The first obviously being Jamie Langfield. He made one or two decent saves but none that I wouldn't have expected him to make. And when Motherwell (or any team) hit's a mis-kicked sclaff at goal and it's trundling towards Jamie Langfield I've never got any confidence in him keeping it oot.  :hammer: His kicking yesterday was the worst I've ever seen it. He gave the ball away to Motherwell's front pairing on at least 1 occasion and fucked up many of the rest of the kicks. It's a matter of time before this directly results in a goal being conceded.

Decent fight back which I never expected but for FFS we should start like that, not finish.

Very much this. The last sentance is what frustrates me the most. The only thing brown did right yesterday was bring the subs on at the right time. Why wait until we're down when its clear things aren't working?!?!  :hammer:

The formation isn't so much the problem as the players in it. Motherwl plated pretty much the same formation but had a striker who was excellent in that role and quick support coming from the midfield to help out which caused us no end of problems.

We either need to go 442 and start mcginn or smith up front with Vernon or keep with 451/433/4321 and start with Smith instead of Vernon. Personally I'd hook Vernon and go 442 on wed with Smith and McGinn up top.

The biggest concern for me was not the defence which never got to grips with higdon, law or ojamma but our midfield which for the second week in a row was posted missing. We really struggle without Osbourne and Hughes seems to have reverted to type after an excellent start to the season.

Oh and a big get it up you to those that left at 3-1.

For wed I'd go with

Clangers

Jack cadger consi Robertson

Hayes Rae Osbourne Fraser

Mcginn Smith

But sadly we'll see Vernon and magennis in there somewhere

The formation isn't so much the problem as the players in it. Motherwl plated pretty much the same formation but had a striker who was excellent in that role and quick support coming from the midfield to help out which caused us no end of problems.

We either need to go 442 and start mcginn or smith up front with Vernon or keep with 451/433/4321 and start with Smith instead of Vernon. Personally I'd hook Vernon and go 442 on wed with Smith and McGinn up top.

The biggest concern for me was not the defence which never got to grips with higdon, law or ojamma but our midfield which for the second week in a row was posted missing. We really struggle without Osbourne and Hughes seems to have reverted to type after an excellent start to the season.

For wed I'd go with

Clangers

Mcginn Smith

Seconded

For wed I'd go with

Clangers

Mcginn Smith

As good as he looks, throwing him in as a lone striker at this stage in his career is a huge ask!

For wed I'd go with

Clangers

Mcginn Smith

Would you like some sauce for that chip on your shoulder?

;)

I have no regrets. I got home in time to see some of the car crash that was Liverpool v Man Utd  :-\ and if I'd stayed at Pittodrie there's no danger we would've came back.

But congrats on seeing the Dons gain a point at home.

I have no regrets. I got home in time to see some of the car crash that was Liverpool v Man Utd  :-\ and if I'd stayed at Pittodrie there's no danger we would've came back.

Aye, there was no queue in the pub either + I got a right decent seat to watch the Football in, so if anything I won by leaving early.  :(

Aye, there was no queue in the pub either + I got a right decent seat to watch the Football in, so if anything I won by leaving early.  :(

The traffic was non existent and I didn't have to wait to get out of the car park. Plus I heard it all unfold on the radio. The benefits of leaving early are never ending!  :-\

The traffic was non existent and I didn't have to wait to get out of the car park. Plus I heard it all unfold on the radio. The benefits of leaving early are never ending!  :-\

Radio? Pffft!

I was checking the Premiership Scores on Livescore, when I happened to notice it was 3-3. It's definitely a story for the grandkids that!

Exactly, Law was offside but if the linesman didn't have a clue what chance has Reekie?

fae wiki:  A player is in an offside position if three conditions are met: first, the player must be on the opposing team's half of the field. Second, the player must be in front of the ball. And third, there must be fewer than two opposing players between him and the opposing goal line, with the goalkeeper counting as an opposing player for these purposes.