Darren Mackie Retires (but might now change his mind)

I'm hearing Darren Mackie has retired. Hopefully now we can pack in all the jokes and rumours about him re-signing for us.

No big surprise given that he hasn't gotten a gig at another club. Thought he was a stick on for Ross County or a First Division club.

I am astounded no one has offered him a deal of any kind, even if it were at lower level SFL.

Wish him all the best in his retirement if this is the case, and thanks for "THAT" goal.

Likewise, would have thought he'd get a gig somewhere. Best of luck Darren!

I am astounded no one has offered him a deal of any kind, even if it were at lower level SFL.

Wish him all the best in his retirement if this is the case, and thanks for "THAT" goal.

Three goals of his stick in my mind.

Leaping like a salmon to head home against Nistru Otachi, which sent us to Berlin.  D'nipro, again, another header and nicking the ball off Rab Douglas to win nine games in a row sending Pittodrie into a mass snowballing Christmas celebration!  :D

Aye, that was a cracking goal! Also a special mention to the goal at Parkheid in the cup QF resulting in some bounce.

I was ill when I went to that game. That bounce did me no favours whatsoever. I thought I was going to die but I was ok with it.

Undoubtedly Darren has provided us with some cracking moments. I too wish him all the best for the future.

Aye, that was a cracking goal! Also a special mention to the goal at Parkheid in the cup QF resulting in some bounce.

Aye I travelled doon to that game. Best game and bounce I've been in! Still got the ticket which was up on my wall not so long ago! His goal against Hearts too was a cracker.

Aye I travelled doon to that game. Best game and bounce I've been in! Still got the ticket which was up on my wall not so long ago! His goal against Hearts too was a cracker.

I think the John Budgie Stewart bounce in the 3-2 game was better tbh be honest.

Apparently he did get offers but obviously none of them were too good to turn down. His missus wants to stay in Aberdeen.

Surely something is better than nothing , and if it's cause his wife wants to stay in Aberdeen that kinda sucks. If you marry a footballer then you know there is a chance your going to be moving around alot.

All the best Darren.

Surely something is better than nothing , and if it's cause his wife wants to stay in Aberdeen that kinda sucks. If you marry a footballer then you know there is a chance your going to be moving around alot.

All the best Darren.

I agree completely but I reckon Darren was very much of the same mindset as his missus on this one.

nicking the ball off Rab Douglas to win nine games in a row sending Pittodrie into a mass snowballing Christmas celebration!

Still one of the best memories I have of Pittodrie. The game itself was pretty shite except for three things ...

Dadi skinning Bobo Baldi with a sublime piece of skill that bamboozled even himself

Mackie's goal

Pelting Alan Thompson with snabas

• 3 weeks later...
Mackie sees rise of Phoenix

Published: 20/09/2012

Former Aberdeen attacker Darren Mackie is poised for a surprise move to America.

The 30-year-old, released by manager Craig Brown at the end of last season after 13 years, nearly 350 appearances and 67 goals for the Dons, has been training with Aberdeen as he has been unable to find a new club.

Former Aberdeen and Rangers defender David Robertson, in charge of Phoenix FC who next April will make their debut in the second-tier USL Pro League, wants the Inverurie-born attacker to lead the new franchise in Arizona.

I would change the title of the thread but I don't have the rights  :wave: