Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Garages in Aberdeen

RDU_64

I'd have thought the fun and handling in a Scoobie would generally be found beyond the speed limit on most roads.

I got a ban after picking up 4 in 3 years but never got caught doing the naughty stuff, it was all just a few miles over.

Never really liked the Scoobies much, or the Mits, just thought they were dog ugly, good motors, just ginger ugly.

As far as my current veedub is concerned, handling and speed need not fucking apply!

The bottom line is that you don't have to speed to enjoy driving an Impreza.

I could say the same for my mates Skoda Rapid he had back in the 80's. You could have great fun with it on twisy A and B roads without having to go at "mintal speeds like" and without spending a fortune.

Never had a 4WD car, never felt the need!

Maybe it's more fun beyond the speed limit, aye. Pushing it further and further an' that. I dare say you're right but if like me you've been used to driving relatively slow motors since you passed your test an Impreza won't need to be going flat out to be enjoyable.

I can appreciate your opinion on their looks. I'm a big fan of 90s looking cars in general but especially 90s Jap. I love the Evos too although I've never owned one.

As for ginger ugly...

redhead01.jpg

Everyone exceeds the speed limit. Sometimes accidentally, sometimes on purpose and usually not by much. I'm in that boat. I'm too worried about getting points on my license to drive like a tit and I'm not naive enough to think that I'll get away with it. Especially not in a motor like an Impreza where cops will watch you like a hawk.

To be fair, you did get done for speeding in a Nissan Micra  ;D ;D ;D

To be fair, you did get done for speeding in a Nissan Micra  ;D ;D ;D

Aye thanks for that. Tbf be fair that was almost 10 years ago. And I was going downhill with a tail wind. And I thought I saw a hun on the road.

I enjoyed the safety features in the Micra.

Am I recalling the no seat belt thing correctly?

Not quite. It had seatbelts. But thanks to the sand lodged within them they didn't really work.  :thumbsup: