Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What will you do?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wouldn't see the point in Scottish Football, and therefore Aberdeen FC. I'd still follow as much football as I do with no allegiance to another team.

this , plus spend more time with my son watching him play rugby now he signed for USB bergerac in france

Agree with this and what most others have said. Wouldn't even as few as 1,000 extra drop in ave attendence be something like £350,000 loss to the club? The financial arguments for needing the huns just don't stack up.

The only thing making me swither is that i'd miss the day out, I wouldn't miss the football and i wouldn't feel guilty for not putting money into the milne/spl boys club anymore.

I'd miss that too but I dare say I'd still take in a few games from the "foreign" leagues that it's such a fucking sin to watch.

Don't be so fucking pedantic.  ::)

I'm not.  If Aberdeen voted against letting in NewCo but were out voted perhaps I would want to support aberdeen but withdraw my cash from all other spl grounds.  Perhaps I would just go to cup games.  Perhaps we would quit the league and join the sfl. 

There is no option for me in the poll

If NewCo Rangers are allowed in with points and financial penalties and find themselves struggling at the bottom of the league will we find the SPL rushing to make changes to the rules to prevent them being relegated?

If the league so badly needs Rangers then they will. A league so dependant on one club that it cannot allow that club to be relegated is not a sporting league. Get Rangers to fuck and let the whole of Scottish football realign. If that means some clubs to into administration (unlikely) and others cut back then so be it. Scottish football will be stronger for it in the long run as fans will come back and watch a competitive league, which will then allow clubs to gradually spend more again improving the standard of football across the board and not just at 1 club in Govan.

I'm in the same boat as glasgowsheep here, rangers newco getting back into the league wont stop me supporting aberdeen.

Not sure why everyone is getting so worked up about this, its an opportunity to force through real change.

Because if they are re-admitted to the top tier straight away then they have not been punished suitably in my eyes.  Add to this it shows that the 10 other clubs are content with the mediocrity of the status quo and have no ambition whatsoever to change it. 

Because if they are re-admitted to the top tier straight away then they have not been punished suitably in my eyes.  Add to this it shows that the 10 other clubs are content with the mediocrity of the status quo and have no ambition whatsoever to change it.

Despite the fact that the 10 other clubs seem to be trying to bring about change?! Ahh I see, makes perfect sense now, thanks for clearing that up.  :thumbsup:

As I've said before, I couldn't give a shite about rangers newco, if letting them back in brings about change and a fairer league then why not let them back in and hit them with the kind of point and revenue deductions that have been suggested?

Despite the fact that the 10 other clubs seem to be trying to bring about change?! Ahh I see, makes perfect sense now, thanks for clearing that up.  :thumbsup:

As I've said before, I couldn't give a shite about rangers newco, if letting them back in brings about change and a fairer league then why not let them back in and hit them with the kind of point and revenue deductions that have been suggested?

Why do they have to come back into the spl after liquidation for there to be change and a fairer league?  Aside from the fact that as a punishment it is way too soft I worry that if they were let back in we would see no change to voting rights, tv money etc etc.