Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

EE: Aberdeen FC boss makes players sweat on new deals

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aberdeen FC boss makes players sweat on new deals

Brown will wait until after Hampden clash

Published: 30/03/2012

THE Aberdeen FC players whose contracts are coming to an end will have to wait at least another fortnight before learning their fate.

Darren Mackie, Isaac Osbourne, Jamie Langfield, Yoann Folly, Rory McArdle, Youl Mawene, Danny Uchechi, Josh Magennis and Mohamed Chalali are the group of first team squad members sweating over new deals.

Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown today confirmed he has already decided who he definitely wants to keep but has decided not to tell the players until after their Scottish Cup semi-final clash with Hibs on April 14.

Who should we keep?

Surprised Mackie and Langfield are getting votes. I view this summer as a opportunity to clear out some dead wood and hopefully replace them with some more people with the right sort of attitude required. Went for Osbourne, Chalali, Mawene and McCardle. I've certainly not seen enough of Uchechi to even make a judgement on him.

Osbourne - who we are keeping

McArdle  - who has improved alot this season and can provide (shaky) cover at RB

Mawene - Not necessarily first choice but reasonable squad player

Chalali - as feel he could still offer something upfront but wouldn't be too upset if he left (dependant on his replacement)

The rest, thanks but  :wave:

As others have said I thought Osbourne had already extended his deal. Voted for keeping Langfield as long as he is happy not to be the outright number 1.

Would have kept Folly if he was fit but he is not so can go.

The rest can go as long as they are replaced with players of a better standard which for most of the above should not prove too difficult.

Isaac Osbourne has signed a new contract that will keep the midfielder at Aberdeen until 2013.

The 25-year-old was offered the new deal after impressing since his move to Pittodrie in the summer after being released by Coventry City.

Osbourne told Aberdeen's website: "I could not turn down the offer to stay on at such a big club.

"Hopefully, if not this season, next season we will get into a cup final or Europe. I want to be part of that."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16804107

ozzie. chalallalaala, clangers, folly (if etc), mcardle.

what's the point in saying he's already decided, but won't say until after the semi?? anyone who doesn't get picked on sat will expect they're not being kept, and will hardly be motivated to try in training now, whereas they would if they believed there was a chance to win a deal still. if we get injuries and need to play them at hampden we're therefore gubbed. managers never learn to zip it.

That part of the EE article is also bullshit. Brown on Redweb saying he's meeting this afternoon to draw up a Retain and Release list but even after that meeting things won't be final and players might stay/go.

Don't understand why people a) buy the EE or b) read it online and actually believe any of the shite in it.

That part of the EE article is also bullshit. Brown on Redweb saying he's meeting this afternoon to draw up a Retain and Release list but even after that meeting things won't be final and players might stay/go.

Don't understand why people a) buy the EE or b) read it online and actually believe any of the shite in it.

very true. It's a kick in the cock that google 'news' only returns the EE in it's results.

Osbourne - And he's already staying

McArdle - Improving each time I see him

Chalali - Needs a regular chance as he has looked the most creative player we have

Langfield - If he's happy to be #2

Mawene - Can fuck right off.

same except i think Langfield has had his chance

Seemingly the chat from Brown at the Edinburgh Roadshow last night was that Uchechi is off (too lightweight), and Chalali is likely to be off too.

Shocking waste of money from the club! A 10 second google search of his name when he was on trial brought up an article of him saying English football was too physical for him.