St Mirren v Aberdeen 25/2/12

Fallon, nothing fucking doing there AT ALL and just put Fyvie oot his misery, drop him in advance of his impending move to the premiership. Mawene, deary me but we are shockingly exposed yet again by pace on the wings. Brown is another in the line of wages thieves at Pittodrie, quite how any manager thinks having a back line of centre backs is either effective or acceptable is beyond me. Fucking fuck this.

That front line should be doing fucking 12 hour shifts to learn how to fucking cross and shoot, they are disgraceful.

Fallon is useless.  Fyvie is so laboured in everything he does. It speaks volumes that he's not in the Scotland Under 21 squad.

It is my eternal hope that this is the final stage of development before the excitement is introduced. The defence is looking solid enough in general,and credit to the management for that.  Now it's surely about getting things to click up front.  The fact he's used Arnie, Vernon, Chalali, Uchechi, PP, Megginson, Mackie and Jack in the front 3 positions in the last 2 games is hugely concerning. 

He's not letting things settle and also indicates he's not sure of his best options.  Dithering, basically.  That has to stop. Get the squad balanced and know your best partnerships through the spine of the side.  Do that and I think AFC can have a good, solid future on the park as it stands.

Its funny how watching games in different ways or from different views gives different perspectives. I was at the game today and the team could not be faulted on effort, every player grafter hard and I thought we should have won.

Thought Fyvvie, after a horrendous opening 25 came onto a good game (missing the open goal excluded) despite getting kicked all over the park and in general our midfield played pretty well. i wasnt too disheartened. Having read the comments on here Im not so sure as sometimes the tv shows things much clearer.

Its funny how watching games in different ways or from different views gives different perspectives. I was at the game today and the team could not be faulted on effort, every player grafter hard and I thought we should have won.

Thought Fyvvie, after a horrendous opening 25 came onto a good game (missing the open goal excluded) despite getting kicked all over the park and in general our midfield played pretty well. i wasnt too disheartened. Having read the comments on here Im not so sure as sometimes the tv shows things much clearer.

From what I've seen previously, it was a much better performance but we are crying out for some creativity. That is our biggest down fall. I did think fyvie was getting kicked about, but he was also incredibly pish. Seriously needs to take a look at himself, incredibly slow at everything.

I've noticed Aberdeen seem to look worse on TV than they do when actually at a game. I think it perhaps comes down to the fact that most games I watch on TV (International Football, Champions League, occasional Premiership match) tend to be a lot higher quality than the live football I watch (which is generally either Aberdeen or lower league Scottish football).

I've noticed Aberdeen seem to look worse on TV than they do when actually at a game.

I've noticed Aberdeen seem to look better on TV than they do when actually at a game. It may be you can get it past in a few minutes rather than a 90 min wrist slitter.

Yet again could have, should have, would have.

Quite why we put Fallon on is a mystery given he has offered nothing in any game he has played, and it's no coincidence we lost our way when he came on.

More baffling is why he persisted with the one paced Fyvie on the wing given his complete inability to cross a ball or beat a man.  With Meginnson knackered surely a double change of Pawlett and Ucechi/Chalali for the last 10-15mins would have been a better idea.  Why the fuck did we sign these guys if we are going to persist with square pegs in round holes and lumps of wood like Fallon.

Having said that much improved entertainment level on recent games, some end to end stuff and amazingly some goals.  A bit more luck or finishing ability and we would have won.  Great goal by Vernon and impressed with Rae.

Sadly the main negative is our negative manager.  The last 3 draws and his attitude in them have cost us a top 6 place and right to fight for a Euro place from the league.  Having ensured we wouldn't be involved in the relegation battle he had the luxury of trying to win these games, instead he tried not to lose. 

We have the genesis of a half decent side here but Broon needs to have the confidence to allow them to have a go otherwise we'll be in the same situation this time next year.  For now it's all about the cup cause there is fuck all else to play for.

Yet again could have, should have, would have.

Quite why we put Fallon on is a mystery given he has offered nothing in any game he has played, and it's no coincidence we lost our way when he came on.

More baffling is why he persisted with the one paced Fyvie on the wing given his complete inability to cross a ball or beat a man.  With Meginnson knackered surely a double change of Pawlett and Ucechi/Chalali for the last 10-15mins would have been a better idea.  Why the fuck did we sign these guys if we are going to persist with square pegs in round holes and lumps of wood like Fallon.

Having said that much improved entertainment level on recent games, some end to end stuff and amazingly some goals.  A bit more luck or finishing ability and we would have won.  Great goal by Vernon and impressed with Rae.

Sadly the main negative is our negative manager.  The last 3 draws and his attitude in them have cost us a top 6 place and right to fight for a Euro place from the league.  Having ensured we wouldn't be involved in the relegation battle he had the luxury of trying to win these games, instead he tried not to lose. 

We have the genesis of a half decent side here but Broon needs to have the confidence to allow them to have a go otherwise we'll be in the same situation this time next year.  For now it's all about the cup cause there is fuck all else to play for.

Agree with all of this. Fallon is never a footballer in a million years and at the stage in the game that we brought him on we were exposing their defence and needed more pace not a lumbering cart horse. Was likewise impressed with Rae who rarely wastes a ball and has a bit of drive about him.

I've been trying to work out why Broon brought Fallon on and for the life of me I can't. At no time this season has the pairing of him and Vernon really clicked, and he has only really been effective when we're playing route one stuff. Yesterday in the second half I thought that we were playing some proper football (well at least trying to) and all he did was get in the way. I think it was an ideal game for Chalali or Uchechi to run at their defence as we already had them on the ropes.

Holy shit.. I sat and watched this game in a pub and I saw us create more chances than we have in the last four or five games combined. I'm not saying I'm pleased with a draw because I wasn't. Especially after the game when I thought we were easily the better team for a change. To me it looked like we were attacking and playing for the win. Which was something that I just didn't expect us to do. What a bunch of negative cunts.  :wave:

Holy shit.. I sat and watched this game in a pub and I saw us create more chances than we have in the last four or five games combined. I'm not saying I'm pleased with a draw because I wasn't. Especially after the game when I thought we were easily the better team for a change. To me it looked like we were attacking and playing for the win. Which was something that I just didn't expect us to do. What a bunch of negative cunts.  :wave:

And we're going into March still unbeaten in 2012.

This summer's transfer dealings will be what defines Broon's tenure (unless of course we win the cup). A better start to next season and we should have enough to at least be close to the top 4.

And we're going into March still unbeaten in 2012.

With a 36% win rate - we should have won more against the teams we have played.

This summer's transfer dealings will be what defines Broon's tenure (unless of course we win the cup). A better start to next season and we should have enough to at least be close to the top 4.

Undoubtedly it will, and the years beyond as the average of the team will creep up further and young players wont get their chance and leave. Only one youth player has made his debut under Brown (Joe Shaughnessy). This team is becoming a carbon copy of the last few years of Brown as Scotland manager.

Fyvie is so laboured in everything he does. It speaks volumes that he's not in the Scotland Under 21 squad.

Indeed.

It would be great to be able to say we can build a team around players like Fyvie, but in the cold light of day, he really isn't all that.  He appears to have good technique, but as you say he is slow and laboured in how he applies it.  After 50+ games in the SPL now you would think he must be able to adapt to the pace.  Perhaps he would flourish in a slower-paced league - he doesn't seem to possess the attributes (pace, directness, stamina) to stand out in the SPL.  All he has are the basics, which is good, but it's probably a sign of the times that a Scottish player with command of these basics, is seen as a "hot property".

He has arguably better technique than Ryan Jack for example, but Jack has come on leaps and bounds in a short space of time and has adapted really well to the rigours of SPL football, whereas Fyvie has remained quite stagnant.  He has time on his side, but unfortunately AFC don't, so if someone is willing to pay for him, get rid in the summer.