Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Reserves: Dundee United v Aberdeen

Fae the 'fishul site

Aberdeen played Dundee United in a bounce game at Tannadice this afternoon. After the game Craig spoke to Steven. To listen to the interview in full please click here.

"We had a very good bounce game at Tannadice and it was goals aplenty as both teams scored three goals. There was no fault to Jamie Langfield in the Aberdeen goal, in fact one of the goals was a penalty. For us Josh Magennis scored a good goal, Mo Chalali scored from the spot and our other goal was an own goal. We managed to give one or two young players like Declan McManus and Cammy Smith a turn as well so it was a very useful exercise."

The injury situation is not improving much at the club with Isaac Osbourne having suffered a setback in his recovery. It is still unknown how long Chris Clark will be out for.

"We were concerned about injuries today, Youl Mawene picked up a knock but he recovered okay so the good news today is there aren't any new injuries. I think this is the worst injury crisis I can recall at any club, it is quite horrendous. I counted nine potential players on the injury list at the moment so we are not happy about that and the physios are working overtime.

"Mawene will be fit for the weekend, Clark Robertson has got a chance but the others I'm afraid, including Chris Clark who was injured on Saturday, won't make it.

"It's sods law; you sign players and they get injured right away and that's what happened to Danny Uchechi. We have to go without these guys at the weekend and maybe Uchechi can be ready in time for Tuesday night in Dumfries."

Meanwhile Craig refused to look beyond the game against Queen of the South despite the Scottish Cup Quarter Final draw being made yesterday.

"I will never talk about the Motherwell cup game until we get through the round we are in at the moment; that's a recipe for disaster so I won't be discussing the prospects of that one until we get past Queen of the South.

"Before the cup replay we have a difficult trip to Easter Road. We have a couple of reports on Hibs and we know a little bit about who they are missing. Hanlon looks as if he is out but they have got new players who we haven't seen as often. We will watch the DVD on them and we will be prepared."