Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Grimmer Gone

Probably end up playing for United on loan in January next year and score the winner in the New Year game against the Dons.

Wonder in £200k even comes close to covering our costs in training him?

Petrol for the mini bus, youth team coach's minimum wage and the fee for hiring Balgownie pitches.

Aye I'd say it's more than enough.

Probably end up playing for United on loan in January next year and score the winner in the New Year game against the Dons.

Wonder in £200k even comes close to covering our costs in training him?

He may actually end up back here on loan if Fulham decide to farm him out, would make sense for all concerned.

Apparently Fyvie has the same agent and he has been advised not to sign a new contract

Seen elsewhere that a couple of the young lads (Cameron Smith and Ryan Fraser I think were the names mentioned) are also rumoured to be leaving.

Did Fyvie not sign a 4 year deal last year?

Fyvie signed a 2 and a half or 3 years deal... 2 years ago. Can't have all that long left.

Summer 2013.

Pawlett was the one that signed the four year deal. He must have used Gypsy Rose's crystal ball to foresee his long list of injuries

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Now this isn't the most authoritative account but I heard a BBC correspondent with a heavy Reds leaning may have retweeted something some dude was doing in a FM game or some such, as transfer gossip.

Lol, that kind of makes sense, thought it a bit odd on couple of counts.

Firstly unusual for Championship side to loan player to Premiership clubs and secondly, very much doubt that Fraser would be even remotely close to playing Premiership football.

Seeing as this thread popped up I may as well mention he's off to Port Vale for a month. Grnuinely interested to see what he makes of himself as I have no idea how good he is.

Lol

The fact he is off to Port Vale is the reason this thread popped up  ;)

• 1 year later...
FORMER Dons defender Jack Grimmer is on the brink of a Scotland call-up.

The 20-year-old has broken into the Fulham first-team squad this season, after leaving Pittodrie in 2012.

Scotland assistant boss and Gothenburg Great, Mark McGhee, is going to watch him on Wednesday against Nottingham Forest at Craven Cottage.

And the former Aberdeen FC manager believes Grimmer, as well as Burnley's Scott Arfield, are playing themselves into contention for the Scotland squad to face Northern Ireland and Gibraltar in March.

The Dark Blues take on the Ulstermen in a friendly before continuing their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign against Gibraltar. Both matches are at Hampden Park.

McGhee said: “On Wednesday night I am going to look at Jack Grimmer, who has now got himself into the Fulham team at right back, to see how he is doing and I have been a couple of times recently to watch Scott Arfield at Burnley.

“These are boys who are getting good reviews down the road and who therefore deserve consideration.

“Now what they have to do is displace people who are already there.”

But McGhee thinks it will be harder for the midfielder to break into Gordon Strachan’s side.

He added: “One of the most difficult jobs is for the likes of Scott Arfield.

“In the middle of the park we have Scott Brown, Charlie Mulgrew, James Morrison and James McArthur, a group in our strongest area of the team so he has to get in ahead of them.

“And even if you play him in a wider role where he plays a lot for Burnley, you then have the likes of Graham Dorrans who is doing well for his club.

“He has to get ahead of them but we will do our due diligence and when Gordon starts to finalise his squad we will be considering what we have seen up until then, to know if we will bring them in or not.”