Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

BBC Sports Personality

glasgow sheep

Again I never said it did. It's something that I'd have in common with him. That's all.

An interesting debate opportunity right here.

Why do you say that you love animals?

I've got an Aberdeenshire Terrier and two cats. I love the three of them but I definitely do NOT love animals. I don't even like the majority of other dogs I come across.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting debate opportunity right here.

Why do you say that you love animals?

I've got an Aberdeenshire Terrier and two cats. I love the three of them but I definitely do NOT love animals. I don't even like the majority of other dogs I come across.

Not sure what there is to debate? Which one of us has the correct or incorrect point of view?

Humans are what animals are not. Corrupt. I've had dogs and cats for most of my life and there's a purity to them that you rarely see in humans. In fact we lost or 11 year old rescue greyhound Pearl the other day. Fuck me, that was brutal.

I'm of the opinion that all life on this planet has equal right to be here. From spiders and rats to dogs and cats and humans. Most people differentiate. Syrians, for example, are not welcome by many. Why not? They're humans like the rest of us. This point of view has led to me being called all manner of ridiculous things from "Lefty" to "Extremist". How is it extremist to want everyone and everything to live an enjoyable life peacefully? "Strong political views" my arse. Fuck politics. Anyway. I digress.

There is no right or wrong answer. Nor does exploration require a pre-determined end point.

Interesting points you make. Animals are not corrupt and have a purity that humans do not, you say.

We're not here to psychoanalyse you of course but you're laying down some HUGE markers here.

I wonder if Murray's love of animals also originates in perceptions of purity and not being "corrupt"?

We agree on the bigger subjects, I feel. I similarly value each being irrespective of species, or in the case of humans, creed, colour, race or religion - only the stupid being forcefully religious, of course. I reserve the right to eat meat however and therefore lambs, cows, haddock, sardines, anchovies, prawns, shrimps and pigs, I don't mind when they die to land on my plate, plus numerous other animals depending on my culinary requirements.

• 3 years later...

Taxi driver told me its coming to the P&J Live/TECA this year (although I can't find any evidence of this).  That's a bit of a coup for Aberdeen.

A good opportunity for Lewis Hamilton to visit Espionage.

I'm nae driving to Dyce in the rush hour to see that knobber.

• 1 month later...

Both won gold medals in the world athletics championships.

It wasn't career ending surgery, If it had been his career would have been ended.....

and he wasn't even the first to come back from it. A Yank doubles player....his name escapes me but he has Grand Slams on his CV......came back from it.

I think it is great Murray has come back....but his win was in a minor tournament where most of the really top players gave it a miss. I would suggest winning a World Championship gold.....the first one won the 200 metres the second won the decathlon......are altogether bigger achievements

The cricketer who lamped a boy outside a club and who's wife likes him to grab her face will win. Can't remember his name just now but every guffy will know who I mean. A ging er.

Ben Stokes, he's deserving of it, one of the best sporting performances I've ever watched was his innings in the cricket world cup, incredible.

Had Enable won her 3rd Arc I'm sure Dettori would've been in with a big chance of taking the award home.

Both won gold medals in the world athletics championships.

It wasn't career ending surgery, If it had been his career would have been ended.....

and he wasn't even the first to come back from it. A Yank doubles player....his name escapes me but he has Grand Slams on his CV......came back from it.

I think it is great Murray has come back....but his win was in a minor tournament where most of the really top players gave it a miss. I would suggest winning a World Championship gold.....the first one won the 200 metres the second won the decathlon......are altogether bigger achievements

It was, aye. It was unprecedented. No one had ever had that surgery and returned to singles let alone won ATP titles.

Frankie Dettori and Ben Stokes can both gtf. Those two athletes that I don't know will be more deserving than these two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...