Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Dnipro

Well the day is neigh and after a poor show at the weekends results (us losing and Dnipro having a good win) it doesnt look like it will not be a comfortable night on Thursday for us.

Red web has a good bit on their squad http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1113855,00.html

Also you can do the predictor here http://www.zakynthos.me.uk/messageboard/index.php/topic,897.0.html

I'm still surprisingly upbeat about this one.

I can see a 2-1 win here followed by a dour 0-0 out there.

I think they'll underestimate us, and I also think all we're lacking is a bit of luck, bringing confidence with it, in front of goals.

If things actually ran for us in a game we could score 4,5 or more quite easily. Look how we went at Hibs.

saw that too mizer

Wouldn't be surprised if Touzani suddenly appears out of no where too as he also got a good right up and no doubt JC will think his "european class" will be an asset (while clearly being a negative for him in the SPL)

Some one even suggested seve up front on another site.....I'm just worried it was Jimmy Calderwood in some Ukranian internet cafe (or from his pool side in majorca)

saw that too mizer

Wouldn't be surprised if Touzani suddenly appears out of no where too as he also got a good right up and no doubt JC will think his "european class" will be an asset (while clearly being a negative for him in the SPL)

Some one even suggested seve up front on another site.....I'm just worried it was Jimmy Calderwood in some Ukranian internet cafe (or from his pool side in majorca)

Yip. I reckon a far from match fit Touzani will make his first start of the season on Thursday. Was he not signed on the basis of his style being better for Europe than the SPL? If he's worth a deal, play him. If he's not, don't sign him on a 2 year deal. It does neither us nor the player any good to be hanging around taking a wage for no return.

I also reckon we'll start with an as yet untried (this season) back 3 on Thursday night. I hope i'm wrong.

Guest Slavutich

Greetings, fans of a nice Aberdeen FC. Our command goes to you on a visit to show good football. We have won last match of the Ukrainian league, we in good mood. We are strong in counterattack. Our playmaker Nazarenko can give a pass on 40-50 meters. Also it is not necessary to break rules near to the penalty area. Sergey is a great executor of free kicks. I wish good luck. :thumbsup:

Hi Slavutich, greetings back to you and your fellow Dnipro fans. We lost our last game and have had a poor start to the season. We lost our Captain Russell Anderson to English side Sunderland and we have not been very good since. Our playmaker Derek Young can pass the ball out for a thrown in  ::). We too have good free kick takers, the best being Jamie Smith who scored an excellent free kick at the weekend. Thanks for wishing us luck - I think we will need it!  :thumbsup:

Referee

Espen Berntsen (NOR)

Assistant referee

Odd Arne Vangen (NOR) Dag-Roger Nebben (NOR)

Fourth official

Tommy Skjerven (NOR)

Espen Berntsen (born May 12, 1967) is a Norwegian football referee from Vang outside of the Norwegian municipality of Hamar. He debuted as a referee in 1990, Tippeligaen-official in 1997 and became a FIFA-official in 2002. Berntsen represents Vang. Abd has in addition to the domestic league officialed many European cup and national team matches

He officiated when Hearts beat Siroki Brijeg last summer, never gave Brijeg a pen for handball by McCann. Seemed to favour Hearts during the game.

In 2003 he was in charge of NAC Breda v Newcastle and was at the centre of attention for the following.

"Andy Griffin was forced into an excellent tackle to prevent a certain goal. The referee confused the crowd by appearing to point to the penalty spot. It was not to be and a goalkick ensued."

Hi Slavutich, greetings back to you and your fellow Dnipro fans. We lost our last game and have had a poor start to the season. We lost our Captain Russell Anderson to English side Sunderland and we have not been very good since. Our playmaker Derek Young can pass the ball out for a thrown in  ::). We too have good free kick takers, the best being Jamie Smith who scored an excellent free kick at the weekend. Thanks for wishing us luck - I think we will need it!  :thumbsup:

Also, you'd better hope your right midfielder is not the grandmother of our left back Byrne, as he'll kick her.

It is of the utmost importance that the dressing room get a good laugh before the game, asI think by half time there wont be much to laugh about. therefore jester Young is a must. To be fair, the random nature of the team is quite exiting sorta like the National lottery but with no prizes at the end.  ??? For example, we may get Seve starting up front. by himself with Langfield supporting him him in midfield! ;D

Guest Slavutich

We have very hard calendar. After Aberdeen we play with Shakhter on Sunday. You yesterday saw force of Shakhter. The match with them is not less important. On September, 12th we meet the Dynamo Kiev in the Cup of Ukraine. Therefore I shall make the assumption, that Dnepr will construct game on counterattacks. In any case all will be solved in Dnepropetrovsk.

We have very hard calendar. After Aberdeen we play with Shakhter on Sunday. You yesterday saw force of Shakhter. The match with them is not less important. On September, 12th we meet the Dynamo Kiev in the Cup of Ukraine. Therefore I shall make the assumption, that Dnepr will construct game on counterattacks. In any case all will be solved in Dnepropetrovsk.

Our manager is already talking about how he would be pleased with a 0-0 draw. In my experience, that usually means he is going to defend constantly for the whole game. Sadly, we don't really have a defence capable of doing that just now.

It seems a large contingent of our fans are caught in a cataclysmic time warp and are living in the 1980’s where they actually believe they have a chance of doing anything in Europe!  They can’t get their heads around the fact that as they cannot even beat a 10 man Dundee Utd., or a fairly mediocre Motherwell., we have next to no chance against Ukraine’s 2nd top footballing team, nor the fact that as Stewart Milne is tighter than a gnats chuff they are never likely to spend enough to do so!

Guest Slavutich

Nevertheless this cup battle, instead of the long championship. It is assured, that  it will be hard battle to us. To fans of Aberdeen I wish to go through shortly the same successes  what were at you in the eightieth years.  :beers:

P.S. Sorry for my English

Nevertheless this cup battle, instead of the long championship. It is assured, that  it will be hard battle to us. To fans of Aberdeen I wish to go through shortly the same successes  what were at you in the eightieth years.  :beers:

P.S. Sorry for my English

Well impressed by your sentiments mate. The eightieth anniversary of our club formation was without doubt the best year in our history.

Oh to see these days again.

STAND FREE ;)