Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Time to just give up?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, think we'd need it to be a warm day and you'd be talking crazy reductions to get people through the gates, quid for all type talk before folk would even consider it. That would therefore ailenate the season ticket holders still further so club's in non win position.

I'll never give up on supporting the dons. It has been a dreadful season with shocking results against celtic mostly and some at home against teams we should be beating. The only thing I can say is I'm looking forward to the new season cos I'm more optimistic but have a good feeling about next season!!! Just hope I'm right in a years time after this comment!!! STAND FREE!!!

Not sure what is worse some of you lot to young to see the dons win a trophy.

Or like myself seen many trophy wins and got used to it -then nothing for years and years.

We are just crap and blaming manager after manager is wrong in my opinion Stewart Milne is to blame.

Do not hear so much people saying that Brown has the bounce any more on here though  ;D

There is definitely a difference of opinion between generations as far as I can tell.

The older supporters, who remember the glory days when Aberdeen were a force not just in Scotland, but also in Europe, many are in disarray at the current state of the club.... the rest have already just given up.  However, the younger generation, who are have known nothing other than failure, are definitely more forgiving.  For those of us who aren't old enough to remember, Aberdeen are just another St. Johnstone or Motherwell.  The only "glory days" we remember were the top 6 finishes achieved under Jimmy Calderwood.  I think this sums up why his dismissal divided the fans so much.... half our support considered the top 6 an achievement, while the other half expect it as a bare minimum.

I think the attitude of the Aberdeen support has slowly changed over the years, and we've now begun to accept our current position in the hierarchy of Scottish football.  During the Milne years, we've had the life slowly, but surely, sucked out of us.  I'm not really old enough to remember the Coca-Cola cup win, but I do vaguely remember watching some of it on TV... however, I do believe that Aberdeen can aspire to better.  I think we should be aiming to be the third club in Scotland, while winning the occassional Scottish cup.  I don't feel that is unrealistic.  Although, as a realist, until ownership of the club changes hands, I know that will never happen... we'll continue to chase our own tails, perhaps with the occassional spell of top 6 finishes every so often.

There is definitely a difference of opinion between generations as far as I can tell.

The older supporters, who remember the glory days when Aberdeen were a force not just in Scotland, but also in Europe, many are in disarray at the current state of the club.... the rest have already just given up.  However, the younger generation, who are have known nothing other than failure, are definitely more forgiving.  For those of us who aren't old enough to remember, Aberdeen are just another St. Johnstone or Motherwell.  The only "glory days" we remember were the top 6 finishes achieved under Jimmy Calderwood.  I think this sums up why his dismissal divided the fans so much.... half our support considered the top 6 an achievement, while the other half expect it as a bare minimum.

I think the attitude of the Aberdeen support has slowly changed over the years, and we've now begun to accept our current position in the hierarchy of Scottish football.  During the Milne years, we've had the life slowly, but surely, sucked out of us.  I'm not really old enough to remember the Coca-Cola cup win, but I do vaguely remember watching some of it on TV... however, I do believe that Aberdeen can aspire to better.  I think we should be aiming to be the third club in Scotland, while winning the occassional Scottish cup.  I don't feel that is unrealistic.  Although, as a realist, until ownership of the club changes hands, I know that will never happen... we'll continue to chase our own tails, perhaps with the occassional spell of top 6 finishes every so often.

In fairness SOTR, you wouldn't even be talking about top 6 finishes if it wasn't for the spasticated split the league has... that in itself has brought the sights and ambition of the club down. Before it used to be "Qualify for Europe", now it's just "Get top six" and that's what it was all through JC's tenure and continued to be after he left. Aiming for mediocrity. When that becomes routine, you'll eventually end up aspiring to mediocrity, and that has probably already happened and we can see where that's taking us.

Its when Brown says he wants to give us a team worth watching next season, a top 6 team........zzz. The old firm aren't worth watching and they are top 2. It would be nice to create a good football team that could aspire for success.

An interesting range of opinions on here.

It had never occured to me (although I'm not sure why not) that most Dons fans under 30 or so already see Aberdeen as a 'mid-table team' and were resigned to that when they made the decision to support them!

I guess folk my age were spoiled. I started to take an active interest in football just as Aberdeen were starting to win leagues, cups and eventually the old CWC and Supercup. Beating (even humiliating at times) the OF was a common occurence. As a kid I just assumed that it would always be that way!

Having calmed down a bit since the semi, I myself am also resigned. Resigned to slowly but surely starting to believe again that the Dons can be a force once more. I suppose I'll only end up disappointed come next April, but, as Captain Sensible once said, 'if you don't have a dream, how you gonna to have a dream come true'?

;)