Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v The Manky Mob

I'm actually more positive about Sunday now, yes it was another frustrating defeat but we're nowhere near as bad as our league position suggests, and last night some of the players really looked like they cared.  We're long overdue a win, especially against the Smellytic, and even some of our 'hard of thinking' players must realise this is it for the season - absolutely nothing to loose.

Let's stop talking about them as if they're feckin' Bharcelona, Charlie Mulgrew ffs sake, one last hurrah .... let's have a right go at these cunts. 

:AFC2:

I saw the goal last night on SSN, and you're right about Diamond.  He is embarrassingly soft for a big lad.  Hooper will be looking forward to another afternoon of bullying this waste of space around Hampden.

Was there a hint of hand ball? A lot of people were saying there was at the time but I can't be arsed watching the goal.

I'm actually more positive about Sunday now, yes it was another frustrating defeat but we're nowhere near as bad as our league position suggests, and last night some of the players really looked like they cared.  We're long overdue a win, especially against the Smellytic, and even some of our 'hard of thinking' players must realise this is it for the season - absolutely nothing to loose.

Let's stop talking about them as if they're feckin' Bharcelona, Charlie Mulgrew ffs sake, one last hurrah .... let's have a right go at these cunts. 

:AFC2:

I hope we tighten up at the back this time.

I thought we deserved at least a point, if not a victory. Really pleased with how the whole team played and thought Aluko had a great game. I left feeling more positive about the Dons, would say it was one of the few games i've seen this year, bar Hibs away, where I thought we played well.

Was also my 4 year old's first game at Pittodrie, he loved it, and thought the club shop was brilliant! Easily impressed!

I thought we deserved at least a point, if not a victory. Really pleased with how the whole team played and thought Aluko had a great game. I left feeling more positive about the Dons, would say it was one of the few games i've seen this year, bar Hibs away, where I thought we played well.

Was also my 4 year old's first game at Pittodrie, he loved it, and thought the club shop was brilliant! Easily impressed!

I see what you're saying about feeling more positive but being a typical Dons fan I managed to turn last night's decent performance into a negative. The way I saw it last night was that even if we played that well against Celtic I still think we'd get beat and beat more than 1-0 and I just can't see us even matching last night's level of performance.

Having said that how can the players not be motivated for a Scottish Cup semi final?

I stand by what i said, losing in he fashion we did last night might not be a terrible thing.  Radio said today that the tims could be 4 behind der hun by the time they play their next league game.  If thw huns win sat the tims go into sunday with one eye on the league table and thats not a bad thing for us.  Add the fact we played well last night as we did on sat too and both times we have been beaten by freak goals.  A combination of tim overconfidence combined with distraction of the league and the fact we are playing pretty well regardless of results makes me think we have a better chance on sunday than most will reckon.  It will obviously help i we dont gift 4 goals in 33 minutes his time

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown is sweating on the fitness of left-back Steven Smith for Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic.

Smith was injured during Wednesday's 1-0 defeat by Rangers at Pittodrie in the Scottish Premier League.

"He got a calf strain and he had to come off," Brown told BBC Scotland.

"We had eight hurt before the game and now we've nine and we are just hoping that one or two might make it for Sunday's game."

Smith still has a chance of making the match at Hampden, especially as Brown's squad is so badly stretched.

"These are the fit players and we have lost one maybe for the game, that's Steven Smith," he said of his squad against Rangers.

"He is not out but has a calf injury that will need to have treatment between now and Sunday."

Brown revealed that Smith's replacement on the night, Clark Robertson, had been withdrawn from a Scotland Under-19 get-together to play in the game and the 18-year-old could now be in the running to play at Hampden.

The Dons manager was able to praise his players, despite them suffering their fourth defeat in a row.

"You can see there is a great appetite to play in the Aberdeen team and there's good enthusiasm, so they will be up for Sunday and it could make or break our season," said Brown.

"We at least deserved a draw tonight, but we've got to credit Rangers.

"They beat St Johnstone 1-0, they beat Hamilton 1-0 and they beat us 1-0.

"They know how to win football matches and that's how you win championships."

Brown lamented his side's inability to score while praising the spectacular winner from Nikica Jelavic.

"We hit the post tonight and hit the post three times on Saturday," he said.

"We're making chances and not taking them and I felt that the goal was a bit harsh on us.

"Because Maguire had just been penalised for backing in up at that end and I felt that Jelavic did the same, backed in and blocked the centre-half.

"But it was a wonderful overhead kick, so good credit to him for that."

Brown added a cheeky aside about veteran Rangers defender David Weir.

"I thought David Weir was absolutely outstanding," said the Dons boss.

"We've got good strikers and they are hard to play against and, as well as playing an outstanding game, I thought he refereed the game exceptionally well too.

"He was advising the referee on every occasion and I mean that in the nicest possible way."

Didnt say i was being optimistic.  Realistically we had nothing to play for bar pride last night, which i think we showed btw.  The result was unimportant and all ive been saying is the huns keeping pressure on the tims is no bad thing for us.  Oh incidently i've never seen loose women so couldnt comment about how much babbling they do about psychology, is your familiarity with the show anything to do with your latent pesimism or is that just natural?

Thought Aberdeen played well yesterday and if they had a bit more accuracy that well could have been a draw or possibly even a win.

Unfortunately it seemed that the situation that would lead to the best chance for Aberdeen in the match was ruined by the ref deciding there was some phantom free kick that for the life of me I didn't see, within thirty seconds Rangers got their goal.

Lafferty was ridiculous, couldn't believe he didn't get booked for diving or for some of his fouls and couldn't believe that Diamond got booked for a tackle on him when he never came close to touching him. All in all the ref was atrocious, worse than usual which in Scotland is saying something. 

Think Aberdeen played fairly well, better than I expected them too after a bit of a nervous start. If they play to their ability on Sunday I think they might have a chance and I certainly feel more positive about chances of progression on Sunday than I did before the match.

Also is it just me or have the Rangers fans got worse? With my de-placed ticket (due to some dirty hun getting to sit on my season ticket seat) I happened to be right next to the Rangers fans and what an ugly lot they where, burberry, Union Flags and St Georges flags everwhere with songs about Bobby Sands and British imperialism. It seemed like the only time they where actually singing about football was when they decided to sing about Ian Durrant.

To be honest I couldn't fathom a single thing they were singing about, bar durrant, do they always sing about him or just wanting us to sing about it  ???

They only sing about him against us, so that we sing about Simmie and then they claim we were actually singing about the Ibrox Disaster...