Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Clangers: We'll show hammering was one-off

JAMIE LANGFIELD admits Aberdeen's recent recovery will receive its toughest test at the scene of their worst ever defeat on Saturday.

That's when the Dons return to Celtic Park for the first time since a shameful 9-0 thrashing at the same venue in November.

Craig Brown has replaced Mark McGhee and Aberdeen have won four and drawn one since the new regime took charge.

And Langfield has had his first three clean sheets of the season to help move the team from bottom of the SPL at Christmas to within five points of the top six.

Langfield said: "I'm sure everyone will be talking about the last time we went to Celtic Park.

"The 9-0 defeat is always going to be there as it is in the history books but we want to show we are better than what happened that day.

"The way things were going a month ago you'd probably have said we had no chance against Celtic.

"But our form has picked up and we go into the game with a bit more belief.

"We play them three weeks in a row so the result on Saturday will show how far we have come under the new boss."

Langfield marked his 200th top team appearance against St Mirren last week with his 67th clean sheet for the Dons.

Despite that, his future is far from certain as his deal ends in the summer and Aberdeen have been linked with an interest in Kilmarnock's Cammy Bell.

The keeper added: "What happens next is entirely up to the manager.

"But I have a great affection for the club and if they want to talk, then I am happy to do so.

"There have been plenty of ups and downs, I was dropped a few times, sometimes through my own doing.

"When you've been struggling like we have in the past 18 months, you tend to forget highs like our great run in Europe."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3361189/Well-show-hammering-was-one-off.html#ixzz1BZCeWm62

How many mistakes has he made?

Just the one, ever. He must be awesome.

I'm sure he's made mistakeS before but he's got a long way to go before he catches up with Langfield's tally of huge fuck ups.

I'd been watching Aberdeen, daft cunt that I am. Little did I know we had a goalkeeping scout in our midst.

Eversomoreawesome.

Don't worry about it, at least you're observant some of the time.  :thumbsup: