Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Rearranged Fixtures

Sad state of affairs but I wonder how much the champions league games will affect the crowds for the home games vs Hamilton and Motherwell

According to some on here no affect at all but I disagree

That is what I was saying in another thread about TV ruining Scottish football

Dont get me wrong i love watching the champions league but you cant have it both ways

Real fans will go to the dons games and sky+ the champions league but some not so loyal will save their cash

Doubt it.

The re-arranged fixtures will have been agreed by both clubs and afc always prefer midweek games on a Tue for some reason.

Ah yea forget Tuesday was our preferred day for midweek games.  Should have remembered that as I missed our game at home to Inverness as it was meant to be a Wednesday but was shifted to a Tuesday.  Missed that game because I already had a trip down to Glasgow to see Amorphis and Orphaned Land in Glasgow which turned out to be far more enjoyable then the Dons game would have been!

::)

You're not very smart are you?

Here is the quote Einstein

As far as i can read it says money is the problem not other leagues on TV

In case you cant find the topic it was posted in look about 10 posts down or about a foot down if you cant count

People will not all of a sudden find the money to go to the football here just because it's the only league on TV. Over £20 is far too much for that shite. Over £10 is still too much. That's the real problem, not other leagues on TV. 

In case you cant find the topic it was posted in look about 10 posts down or about a foot down if you cant count

Well Newton, care to explain the bit i quoted:

According to some on here no affect at all but I disagree

::)

Right, so you're actually suggesting we take all football off our screens because there happens to be two re-arranged matches which coincide with CL night? And it may have an effect on the attendance?

Right then...

Right, so you're actually suggesting we take all football off our screens because there happens to be two re-arranged matches which coincide with CL night? And it may have an effect on the attendance?

Right then...

No that is not what i am saying

before we had a lot of Scottish football on the box with some other football including English

But now we have to much blanket English football including the English first division

Believe me there are many more even inside the game who are now starting to question the amount of football now being shown on the telly

when did we ever have 'a lot' of scottish football on the box?

1993-94 the only televised games were the league and scottish cup finals

1994-96 STV started showin the occasional sunday game (1 a month or something). BBC had the cup finals

1996-now Sky or espn show max of 2 games a week depending on fixtures. Scottish cup final on terrestrial

No that is not what i am saying

It was pretty much what you were saying in the other thread.

But now we have to much blanket English football including the English first division

To (sic) much blanket English football? Do you think you've used the word blanket properly there? I'm not entirely certain we do have blanket coverage of English football, to be honest.

Believe me there are many more even inside the game who are now starting to question the amount of football now being shown on the telly

Inside the game!! OH EM GEE.

Ok, I believe you.

English football is broadcast here in Scotland as if it was the domestic league (can you imaging that happening in England or any other country)

Anybody can see that and don't be surprised if something were to be done soon no matter what you think.

You were on about the prices being the main problem fair enough but maybe teams have had to increase prices because of lower crowds which is partly caused be stay at home fans watching English football

English football is broadcast here in Scotland as if it was the domestic league (can you imaging that happening in England or any other country)

Anybody can see that and don't be surprised if something were to be done soon no matter what you think.

You were on about the prices being the main problem fair enough but maybe teams have had to increase prices because of lower crowds which is partly caused be stay at home fans watching English football

What English matches are being watched when Aberdeen are playing the majority of their games (i.e. 3pm on a Saturday)?

I wont even answer that because it is only one team and at one time.

There are a few kids on my street support Chelsea and Man Utd why would they support them if they had never seen them on the TV

These guys might have supported a Scottish Team if it were not for blanket English football

If you cant see that they you are not very bright

I wont even answer that because it is only one team and at one time.

There are a few kids on my street support Chelsea and Man Utd why would they support them if they had never seen them on the TV

These guys might have supported a Scottish Team if it were not for blanket English football

If you cant see that they you are not very bright

So we're into insulting each other now? Ok, I'll leave it there then, I couldn't be arsed with you moving the goalposts again anyway...

How can you class 8 football league games a season on the BBC as 'broadcast as if its the domestic league'?

since ITV got the FA cup you can only watch it in scotland either online or via sky

If you are going to use 'match of the day' and 'the football league show' as and example then I refer you to 8 years back when BBC scotland had the rights and we actually had coverage with live games and highlights at a decent time every sunday. Then along came setanta and the rest is history.

BBC & STV has the rights to fuck all coverage because the SFA and SPL took the money from pay per view.

Murdoch and Co are evil but they give the masses what they want apparently. And since the public continue to pay through the nose for 100s of channels of which i estimate 75% is repeats they hold all the cash, the SPL will continue to be their bitches.

Oh the other thing which I keep having to explan to my mum. The BBC is for the whole of the UK and since 81% of the population live in england they will favour english related coverage be it drama or sport.

Should scotland ever gain full independance and the english league gets that same coverage then questions will need to be asked