Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

x

Jagerdeen

I wouldnt say its necessarily against Apple

I personally have a chip on my shoulder for anyone who buys smartphones, tablets etc just to show off.

Interesting that Motorola just won a court case against apple illegally using their technology in the Iphone. Trouble ahead for all the flash bastards?

I personally have a chip on my shoulder for anyone who buys smartphones, tablets etc just to show off.

Interesting that Motorola just won a court case against apple illegally using their technology in the Iphone. Trouble ahead for all the flash bastards?

Lots of battles over patents both ways and with a few different companies just now over smart phones.

The one you mention between Motorola and Apple could really get interesting with Motorola about to appeal and guess who are set to take over Motorola in 2012 as agreed with the shareholders - Google

What about the folk that buy them because they're genuinely very useful? Which would be the vast majority of buyers.

Ok, let's say an iPad is equally as useful as a netbook (even though it is less useful).

Why go for the iPad?

Because it has 3G? Because it's HD? It might be faster? (certainly to switch on an off) You might find it more aesthetically pleasing? More gaming ability on an iPad? You might prefer the intigrated keyboard/mouse? I don't know dude. I'm not anti every other device in its class just because I'm not anti Apple.

My old man bought one and he finds it much easier to use than a laptop/computer/netbook. As a result for the first time in his life he now uses email and can surf the net. Of course he could do this on a netbook but the ipad is much easier for him to learn.

But all iPhone/Apple device users get tarred with that brush. And very few people can afford to buy these things just to "show off". It's nonsense.

not being able to afford something does not always stop people buying it especially when they are stupid enough to buy it because its apparenlty fashionable

I'm quite impressed with the Flipboard app.

http://flipboard.com/

Looks fab on the iPad and works on the iPhone too.

It allows you to pull in stories/news/pictures from your social network accounts and also news sites such as the Guardian, BBC etc... and lots of other different types of content in an intuitive flip board magazine format - its basically like flipping through an electronic magazine but you can control where the app gets its content from.

iPad app of the year 2010.

• 3 weeks later...

pilot episodes of 'House' & '30 Rock'

Last years Top gear christmas special and an episode of 'the trip'

I took the lot on my ipod but cant say the one direction, david buetta or lady gaga tunes will get an airing.

Also some sort of photoapp which i will probably remove once i work out what its for