Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Should the Supporters Clubs be meeting to talk about the current situation?

I'd say our support has changed somewhat on the back of that though dave. In 95, the fans were still used to having success, but they've had that desire hammered out of them. Lots of folk also seem to have their own agenda's, you only need to look at the red army 12 to see evidence of this.

It's a shame you gave up bloo toon, as i completely agree with it and think that some of this current situation could have been avoided. The club find it easy to fob off the fans because of the very reason there is no united front.

So you gave up....?

Surely when you want to form an association, you start with everybody who wants to be part of it and move on from there. You're never gonna get universal support from the off.

You are right, universal support should not be expected, but neither was the backlash I received from one or two of the clubs reps.  There were only really three or four supporters clubs who suggestd they were fully on board.  I had tentative discussions with the PR dept at AFC who encouraged me to proceed.  I took the view at the time that there were some really polarised views within the support and that the timing wasn't right for me to be the person responsible for effectively dividing the support further - in addition I also considered that any re-forming of the AASC should be done at a time when AFC's fortunes are more positive in order for everyone to form relationships without divisive opinion.  I had intended to pick up again at the end of season 08-09, but I stepped down from GUASC and effectively lost my mouthpiece.

But better to have tried and failed, than not to have tried at all.

You are right, universal support should not be expected, but neither was the backlash I received from one or two of the clubs reps.  There were only really three or four supporters clubs who suggestd they were fully on board.  I had tentative discussions with the PR dept at AFC who encouraged me to proceed.  I took the view at the time that there were some really polarised views within the support and that the timing wasn't right for me to be the person responsible for effectively dividing the support further - in addition I also considered that any re-forming of the AASC should be done at a time when AFC's fortunes are more positive in order for everyone to form relationships without divisive opinion.  I had intended to pick up again at the end of season 08-09, but I stepped down from GUASC and effectively lost my mouthpiece.

But better to have tried and failed, than not to have tried at all.

You know, its fucking tragic that our support can not get together in a constructive way when our club is at its lowest ebb. The ONLY thing that should matter is the continuation of Aberdeen Football Club within top flight football, and at this exact moment in time, that is in serious doubt.

Can you imagine ANY other clubs support around our size tolerating what we are having to go through? NO is the anwer.  The Hearts, the rangers, the celtic, the hibernians of this world just wouldnt.  For the ability of fanpower to dictate change. perhaps we need to look at Newcastle.  Something needs to be said, a united agenda, assessing where we are and how we got there yes.  But we need to make it positive and also have a clearly defined method of moving forward and on from here with clearly defined goals and achievememts accesible to everyone. 

These secretive meetings and vague statements about future plans are no use to anyone if nobody knows what the fuck they are.

I reckon for a theoretical massive meeting of all AFC support, you will get suggested items from most that can be agreed need to be discussed.

I propose the following:

1) Is the current management team making the expected progress on the pitch utilising available resourses to the full potential?

2)Since the recent funding stream of televised matches has been reduced, what has been done to achieve alternative funding/sponsorship?

3)Why are we an SPL club still without our own modern training facilities and connected youth academy.  Is this not dereliction of duty from  our board of directors to not have assessed the need for this sooner?  Ie at the time the Richard Donald stand was buiilt/when all the surrounding land adjacent to Pittodrie was sold?