Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McGhee on brink of sack?

This weekend coming:

Dons v Hibs: Hibs win - not unlikely

Killie v ICT: Killie get a draw or a win - Very possible

Hamilton v St Johnstone: Hamilton to win - quite possibly

Hearts v St Mirren: St Mirren snatch a win against an inconsistent hearts - possibly

That will see us go bottom of the league. :-\

This weekend coming:

Dons v Hibs: Hibs win - not unlikely

Killie v ICT: Killie get a draw or a win - Very possible

Hamilton v St Johnstone: Hamilton to win - quite possibly

Hearts v St Mirren: St Mirren snatch a win against an inconsistent hearts - possibly

That will see us go bottom of the league. :-\

Night follows day - possibly.

If we are bottom after the first quarter of the games, even if we are in a cup semi, McGhee's position must untenable....

Personally I don't think that McGhee has the managerial qualities to turn 'his' team round and get things on the up.  While he has made some good additions to the squad, it is alarming how we have no natural full backs at the club (I also believe this is where the problems are stemming from) and why this wasn't addressed during the summer months.  Add in a questionable loan, our only remaining full back for a crocked striker, which added to a grossly imbalanced squad has left us in a right mess.

Whats the options?

#1 get rid of him? - too costly & there is no guarantee that the next manager will be able to turn things around + there'd still be the issue that no FB's = a raping on the flanks each game.

#2 back him to get some FB's in in jan & hope that we're not 10points clear at the bottom by then? - Does MM see where the FB problems are? I dont know. we probably dont have enough cash for that anyway.

#3 have a poll on an internet message board to see which 6 fans can go and protest?

Would the club fork out another fortune to sack another management team to appease the same retards that wanted the last management team sacked, and further reduce an already practically not-existent transfer budget?

Well, yes, they would.

But personally I think we need to calm the fuck down and hope Mark McGhee turns this around. I know there's no such thing as a team that's 'too good to go down', but I think the squad still has potential despite the obvious lack of Full backs.

I hope this story is bollocks.

The simple matter is, as has already been said, we simply can't afford to get rid of him. For Aberdeen to work again, we need a year zero, start from the beginning, but that's as likely as me winning the euro millions. I am praying that mark Mcghee sees the problems and addresses them in january. But i'm increasingly losing patience and faith in him. We just have to hope that this doesn't turn into a full blown relegation battle. In hartley trust.

Whats the point of giving him to the transfer window if he isnt going to be backed financially? Would rather if he was to be sacked for the new manager to come in now and have a chance to figure out who stays and who go's before the start of the window.

For the record i think Mcghee has got a pretty raw deal as far as spending money goes - Considering how much money Ebbe / JC spunked away

Whats the point of giving him to the transfer window if he isnt going to be backed financially? Would rather if he was to be sacked for the new manager to come in now and have a chance to figure out who stays and who go's before the start of the window.

For the record i think Mcghee has got a pretty raw deal as far as spending money goes - Considering how much money Ebbe / JC spunked away

You feel sorry for Pele too then I take it, since he had to slash the wage bill and bring in lower league players?

Didn't think so.

You can only piss with the cock you've got and every other team in the league is in the same boat outwith the OF because of the tv revenue.  It's up to those managers to do the best with their resources and you could argue that Ebbe / JC didn't have the standard of youth coming through that McGhee does.

Lack of funds simply means you have to be more artistic with your spending.  But having 7 strikers, no full backs then moaning about injuries to the squad is about as artistic as cutting off your ear and send it to a hooker.

The problem is, he hasn't bothered to paint any pretty pictures before this lunacy.

You feel sorry for Pele too then I take it, since he had to slash the wage bill and bring in lower league players?

Didn't think so.

You can only piss with the cock you've got and every other team in the league is in the same boat outwith the OF because of the tv revenue.  It's up to those managers to do the best with their resources and you could argue that Ebbe / JC didn't have the standard of youth coming through that McGhee does.

Lack of funds simply means you have to be more artistic with your spending.  But having 7 strikers, no full backs then moaning about injuries to the squad is about as artistic as cutting off your ear and send it to a hooker.

The problem is, he hasn't bothered to paint any pretty pictures before this lunacy.

Actually if you do a search for on my posts i backed steve paterson, think from a financial point of view what he done was nothing short of a miracle - if you looked at the financial figures from his time at the club (which was obviously in no short part down to Keith Wyness's outstanding work). Also thought that Paterson had a raw deal and was very vocal about that During Calderwoods tenure! The football was pish poor but financial the club got back on its feet and if it wasnt for that period i doubt that the club would have survived.

I would argue on that front Ebbe had an abundance of talent coming through at the time, Anderson was away to hit his prime, Esson was a decent keeper - Mcguire a decent defender - Mcnaughton was pure class the young brothers were away to hit their peak, chris clark looked like a player - Add Mackies introduction to that and i dont think Skovdahl was that hard done by. We will never know what standard of youth was coming through as we never seen it under JC - What we have seen since is very encouraging and i think that if we keep the current squad and add a bit of defensive width there is nothing coming over us.

They Guy he brought in is billed as a left back - and looks like a very handy player once he settles in. Jack did a very good Job at right back and once he gets a few games under his belt i have no doubts he will be a very good player for us.

Fyvie and Pawlett are a big miss for us in the middle and we SHOULD be able to cope without them but it doesnt look like we are.

Out of Mcghee's signings that he was allowed to make i think we have added some class players to the fold. Folly looks like a great addition, as too does Mcardle, Vernon has a good Record although im still not sure about him and Magennis has looked good any time i have seen him. Hartley speaks for himself gives us something we have had on the pitch that we havnt really seen since stevie tosh someones whos going to lead us on the park! Howard is a good back up and thats all he was ever meant to be, Vuja looks like a very good player and that just leaves Velicka who on paper looks like he will score goals - we all knew about his injury problems but i think it was a gamble worth taking.

All of that for no fee's paid - cant really say he has done a bad job now can you?

Apart from the horribly unbalanced squad lacking in any natural full backs, cover in midfield etc. But its ok because we've got 7 strikers...

And i wouldn't have said Jack did very well at the weekend, he's a central midfielder and by all accounts one thats expected big things from. That isn't going to happen if he isn't played in his proper position. See also maguire. C.

Apart from the horribly unbalanced squad lacking in any natural full backs, cover in midfield etc. But its ok because we've got 7 strikers...

And i wouldn't have said Jack did very well at the weekend, he's a central midfielder and by all accounts one thats expected big things from. That isn't going to happen if he isn't played in his proper position. See also maguire. C.

Lets not talk rubbish!

Who were our natural wing backs under calderwood Mulgrew? Possible the worst defender we have had and striker / midfielder ricky forster?

We have plenty cover in midfield we have 7 midfielders plus Mackie and Maguire

You wouldnt? Were you at the game? He was playing right back pre-season and the twice i seen him for the reserves he had been playing right back there too! He had a pretty solid game at right back on Saturday.

That the same JC who took more transfer fees in than he spent, yeah?

‘I won’t be hounded out of Aberdeen FC’

McGhee blasts his critics

By Charlie Allan  :wave:

Published: 19/10/2010

BAD RUN: Aberdeen FC manager Mark McGhee is an angry man.

More Pictures

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee today underlined his determination to lead the club to success this season.

McGhee took a swipe at what he described as an “unfair negative reaction” to their recent run of six SPL games without a win.

He believes he has now become the victim of a media witch-hunt aimed at eventually getting him the sack, but the Aberdeen FC manager aims to have the last laugh.

McGhee said: “I can handle any of the flak that’s being directed my way at the moment.”

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1968836?UserKey=#ixzz12o3i4LeE