Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dunfermline friendly

Magennis & McArdle - truly awful tonight.

Magennis - Imagine Tommy Wright with none of his fight, less pace, less skill, combined with the first touch of Mackie, the urgency of Lee Miller and a dash of John Stewart.

Magennis & McArdle - truly awful tonight.

Magennis - Imagine Tommy Wright with none of his fight, less pace, less skill, combined with the first touch of Mackie, the urgency of Lee Miller and a dash of John Stewart.

That's the impression I got from his 2 appearances at the weekend, although others seemed to rate him (and Okus!).

In McGhees comments tonight he mentions having a plan to try and get both Hartley and Hendrie (in terms of finances).

Would Mackies exclusion from Sunday and tonight, despite no injuries mentioned, point to him going out the door and freeing up another wage?

In McGhees comments tonight he mentions having a plan to try and get both Hartley and Hendrie (in terms of finances).

Would Mackies exclusion from Sunday and tonight, despite no injuries mentioned, point to him going out the door and freeing up another wage?

From what I saw of Hendrie tonight not convinced I would like to see us sign him. Thought Ahmed looked the better of the two and would rather we signed him.

From what I saw of Hendrie tonight not convinced I would like to see us sign him. Thought Ahmed looked the better of the two and would rather we signed him.

As it stands, we only have 1 central midfielder in the squad, and he's just turned 17. I think we'd need to be signing more than 2 anyway.

Is there anyone from the "glass is half full" camp that managed to find anything positive out of the game?

Positives for me were Ahmed and Williams. Both looked good enough to do well in the SPL. Smith looked decent when he came on and Hendrie did well for 20 mins. Would not sign them on showing last night but would not reject them either. Other possitive was young lad Meggitson (sp?) who looked very good when he came on. 

Is there anyone from the "glass is half full" camp that managed to find anything positive out of the game?

It's our 3rd pre-season game with a team that is chopped and changed throughout the match to ensure everyone gets a runout with a squad of players who largely haven't played with each other in a game against a team that is fairly advanced in their pre-season schedule and whose league campaign starts in a week so will be a bit sharper. It's not really worth getting the razor blades out just yet.

As jute said, Ahmed, Williams & Megginson looked good and possibly Smith. We were a bit shaky but hopefully will look better once players are played in their correct places.

I really hope we sign Ahmed, I have heard he has injury problems but he was far better than Hendrie and was trying hard, completing passes and screaming at Ifil for being crap - which was an instant like.

I really hope we sign Ahmed, I have heard he has injury problems but he was far better than Hendrie and was trying hard, completing passes and screaming at Ifil for being crap - which was an instant like.

Need to remember it is Hendrie's first game for us with new players etc, it was Ahmed's third involvement in 5 days or so. Not saying we shouldn't go for Ahmed (i've not seen him) or whatever, but concessions do have to be made.  Also, I heard from a couple of people at the game that Hendrie was actually quite good and was "far more intelligent than the rest of our lot."

Need to remember it is Hendrie's first game for us with new players etc, it was Ahmed's third involvement in 5 days or so. Not saying we shouldn't go for Ahmed (i've not seen him) or whatever, but concessions do have to be made.  Also, I heard from a couple of people at the game that Hendrie was actually quite good and was "far more intelligent than the rest of our lot."

Some of our lot said that too, never saw it myself. He wasnt bad but he didnt stand out for me.

It's our 3rd pre-season game with a team that is chopped and changed throughout the match to ensure everyone gets a runout with a squad of players who largely haven't played with each other in a game against a team that is fairly advanced in their pre-season schedule and whose league campaign starts in a week so will be a bit sharper. It's not really worth getting the razor blades out just yet.

completely agree