Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Trialists to play this weekend.

From what I gather he is Al. I'm sure MM said earlier in the week they'd all be going on tour with us.

If thats the case, fair enough, but then we run the risk that he does impress, others will come calling. I'm all for not signing a player on a couple of friendlies, but it certainly sounds like he'd be a decent addition to the team.

If the lad is happy enough to go on tour with us to England then why should they rush into anything?  Again, not saying the guy shouldn't be signed, just don't see the need for rushing it.

Incase another team with more money wave it at his agent.

Incase another team with more money wave it at his agent.

it's the risk you take when deciding on any signing, not just trialists. The fact two trialists are going to be offered deals before him maybe suggests he hasn't impressed that much, or if he has impressed, MM maybe has something else lined up.

Aberdeen have confirmed that Yoann Folly and Grant Basey are with the Dons squad for their three game tour south of the border while fellow trialists Jeff Smith, Conor Okus and Adnan Ahmed have all left the club to pursue other interests.

A Dons spokesman added that while Robbie Williams and Lee Hendrie were not currently with the Dons' party, talks were still ongoing regarding the possibility of them playing in the SPL.

Well, what a fucking shock.  :hammer:

Only surprise there is Ahmed not being offered anything, but I was impressed by Folly at Peterhead so him and Hendrie would mean there is less need for Ahmed.

Hopefully they get Williams and Hendrie tied up on deals soon. The longer this drags on the more it starts to look like Reda Johnson.

Only surprise there is Ahmed not being offered anything, but I was impressed by Folly at Peterhead so him and Hendrie would mean there is less need for Ahmed.

Hopefully they get Williams and Hendrie tied up on deals soon. The longer this drags on the more it starts to look like Reda Johnson.

Folly was dire at Dunfermline

For not "currently with the Dons party" read "fucked off elsewhere for a better offer"

Heads should roll if we have fucked this up yet again.

Season is three weeks away from starting, and I'm feeling fucking depressed already

For not "currently with the Dons party" read "fucked off elsewhere for a better offer"

Season is three weeks away from starting, and I'm feeling fucking depressed already

Lucky you. I've been depressed for the last 14 months.

I'll feel better when Hendrie and Hartley put pen to paper though.  :rofl:

That'll be why he's still on trial then.

What's upset you so much?

Was completely over run by Pars midfield and very weak in the tackle although did make one decent pass through to Foster. Ahmed looked a far better player.

McGhee: "It is getting closer all of the time with Hendrie. That is how these things work.

“I have left it to Willie Miller to deal with but I am confident he will be with us over the weekend.

“We are now at the stage where we want to start negotiations about doing deals with the other players.

“Adnan had made up his own mind. He had one or two offers and we were not prepared to be backed into a corner.

“We did not feel young Conor was right for the SPL and I did not think Jeff Smith was better than Sone Aluko in that position."

Have to agree can't see them signing now. Getting very worried about not having players signed by start of season. Where is the experienced striker that's signing over the w/end?