Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Grimmer wins award

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100715/mums-the-word-_2212158_2093392

Well mummy Grimmer, nae Jack.

Jack Grimmer's mum, Rona, has been chosen as the first ever Littlewoods.com Football Mum of the Year. The crowning completes a search by the online department store to find the mum that makes the greatest sacrifice for her family's enjoyment of the beautiful game.

Jack Grimmer Jack made history last season when he became the youngest ever Aberdeen FC player in the Scottish Premier League when he came on as a second half substitute against Rangers at Ibrox in April. He made his first team debut aged just 16 years and 65 days, also making him the second youngest ever in the existence of the SPL.

Encouraging him all the way, Rona, a single mother of two, finally saw her hours of standing by the sidelines on cold rainy days rewarded as her son was completed his lifelong dream to debut as a professional player for the Dons. Rona's weekly routine has often included up to 20 hours watching Jack's training and match fixtures as well as seen her drive all over the country at huge cost to her own social life. Over the past 10 years she has had to juggle hectic working hours as a Police Officer to make sure she can support her son and not miss a minute of his games.

The search for the 2010 M.V.P (most valued parent) came following research by Littlewoods.com of 3,000 mums finding that 2 in 5 were looking forward to the summer of football as a key time to spend with family. The campaign was supported by real life football mum, Sandra Redknapp and celebrity mum of football-mad boys, Natasha Hamilton.Rona has been awarded the first ever Football Mum of the Year trophy, £1,000 in cash and £1,000 of vouchers for Littlewoods.com.

Rona says "I am delighted to be named the Littlewoods.com Football Mum of the Year. I was nominated by my friend and was stunned when I got the call to let me know I had won this amazing prize. I plan to spend the cash on something we can enjoy as a family and no doubt some new football kit for Jack with the Littlewoods.com vouchers."Jamie Redknapp

Gareth Jones, Retail Director for Littlewoods.com says, "Rona has often missed social events and had to juggle her commitments of a full-time job as a Police Officer to make sure she gets Jack to the pitch on time. She is precisely the type of mum that we want to reward for her dedication and hard work to ensure that her family enjoys the beautiful game. We are pleased to crown her our first ever Littlewoods.com Football Mum of the Year and hope that she will enjoy her prize."

Jack told RedWeb "I am really pleased for my mum! She deserves it. I am pretty sure I am going to get quite a bit of stick from the boys in the dressing room now though!"

width=380 height=527http://www.afc.co.uk/javaImages/74/d0/0,,10284~8900724,00.jpg[/img]