Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

First three games points haul

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't honestly believe anyone still thinks we have some kind of right to be taking a guaranteed three points from anyone in the SPL. Even in seasons when we were doing a hell of a lot better than last year it would still have been mental to expect maximum points from any three-game sequence.

9 points would be excellent, 7 still pretty good and 6 plenty acceptable. We should be looking to win home games like those but a point from any away game would be decent.

It's the sad indictment of the times we are now in that these are what we expect from our team. But we have to face facts, we're no where near where we once were and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Especially with the way teams set up against us.

Guest ally s

Ally, unacceptable yes, but beyond the realms of possibiity no.

Think we could lose to any of them right now

Yeah that's what I was alluding to Al

Out of interest when was the last time we won our first three league games.............!

We haven't won our first league game since 2002 at Easter Road.

Not since 1991/1992 season have we won our first three league games.

So something we havnt done in 19 years is expected of Mcghee or we should be looking for a new job?

Aim low and you'll always hit the target.

I see no reason why, even given last years pish, we shouldn't be looking to win each game as a one off, so why not 3 in a row!

And I did not say that if we don't McGhee should get the dunt, just he really SHOULD be aiming for 3 wins!

So something we havnt done in 19 years is expected of Mcghee or we should be looking for a new job?

When in the last 19 years have such any easy start?

If people are now saying that expecting Aberdeen to win three games against Killie, Hamilton and St Johnsotne is unrealistic expectation then we really should consider jacking it in.

If people are now saying that expecting Aberdeen not to win three games against Killie, Hamilton and St Johnsotne is unrealistic expectation then we really should consider jacking it in.

True, but as Kow said, this is the poorest Aberdeen squad we've probably ever had. As much as it pains me to say it we can't have these expectations at the moment. Last season wasn't a freak season, we weren't unlucky, we were outplayed and "out passioned" in most games. These players don't have it in them, and since most of them are still there, it's sadly not going to miraculously change. I'd prefer a harder start as this rabble seem to "raise their game" against better opposition.

You know I'm an optimistic person, but thus far, AFC have done nothing to change my thoughts from last season. Having said all this, I pray i'm wrong and McGhee, the coaching staff and the players turn it around over the summer and correct what was missing last season.

If people are now saying that expecting Aberdeen not to win three games against Killie, Hamilton and St Johnsotne is unrealistic expectation then we really should consider jacking it in.

Never, its very rare that we don't get Hearts/Hibs/Dundee Utd or the Old Firm. In 1991/92 we started with wins against Airdrie, Falkirk and Dunfermline.