Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Sone on Facebook

It is ok if they are private and just friends with their friends and not everyone that tries to add them.

I've added Sone so he does accept anyone who asks, he has almost 3000 friends. Maybe he sees if you're a Dons fan though, doubt he would add anyone with another clubs badge for their profile pic.  His girlfriend is very tidy although gives the impression of being a bit of an airhead.

I've added Sone so he does accept anyone who asks, he has almost 3000 friends. Maybe he sees if you're a Dons fan though, doubt he would add anyone with another clubs badge for their profile pic.  His girlfriend is very tidy although gives the impression of being a bit of an airhead.

She hijaked his FB when she was running for miss scotland...

Guest donindundonald

But the players are on holiday so NOTHING is going on.

I only get a fortnights summer holiday at my job and I'm sure almost every AFC fan is the same, so why should the staff get the whole summer off? Especially after last seasons peformances. Some would say that they've been on holiday all last season  ;)

My point is missed on you though - if the club were better at communicating with us about what the management team is doing throughout the summer to improve things, maybe .. just maybe we wouldn't all be getting so uptight about the apparent state of apathy that surrounds everything AFC.

I only get a fortnights summer holiday at my job and I'm sure almost every AFC fan is the same, so why should the staff get the whole summer off? Especially after last seasons peformances. Some would say that they've been on holiday all last season  ;)

My point is missed on you though - if the club were better at communicating with us about what the management team is doing throughout the summer to improve things, maybe .. just maybe we wouldn't all be getting so uptight about the apparent state of apathy that surrounds everything AFC.

I'm assuming you don't work in the UK.

Firstly, most people don't work in industries that require more physical exertion than sitting on there fat arses day after day so the recuperation required isn't as much. Even though I do think the time people are required to work should be much much less anyway.

As for the communication - what can they do other than tell us who they're trying to sign? Which is an increasing source of irritation when we inevitably don't sign the people we're linked with.

Other than that, what could they have to communicate? "Dorris the canteen lady has today confirmed that in a radical move, macaroni pies have been introduced to the dinner menu on Tuesdays and Thursdays"

HOLY SHIT, GET ME A FUCKIN SEASON TICKET NOW!!!

Actually, fuck that. Now I fancy a macaroni pie!

Firstly, most people don't work in industries that require more physical exertion than sitting on there fat arses day after day so the recuperation required isn't as much. Even though I do think the time people are required to work should be much much less anyway.

As for the communication - what can they do other than tell us who they're trying to sign? Which is an increasing source of irritation when we inevitably don't sign the people we're linked with.

Other than that, what could they have to communicate? "Dorris the canteen lady has today confirmed that in a radical move, macaroni pies have been introduced to the dinner menu on Tuesdays and Thursdays"

HOLY SHIT, GET ME A FUCKIN SEASON TICKET NOW!!!

Actually, fuck that. Now I fancy a macaroni pie!

Why not plenty of other cunts seem to tweet their whole day away and a load of other cunts seem to have all day to lap it up.

We could have @Dorris the tea lady, @Clive the greenkeeper, @Sally the seagull, @Stewart the grippy cunt, @Angela the door knocker, @Willie the failed chipper owner and @Mark the shit manager.

• 1 month later...

It’s great to be back after practically playing on one leg from November, says Aberdeen forward

Aluko’s main goal is to win back the Dons supporters

By Michael Gannon

Published: 09/08/2010

Aberdeen attacker Sone Aluko is determined to win back the affection of the Dons support this season.

Aluko cut a disconsolate figure last season but he insisted his demeanour was not because he was looking for the exit door. It was because he was playing on one leg.

The 21-year-old had a double hernia operation in the summer and suffered an Achilles injury in pre-season. He is now back fully fit and looked the part during an impressive 45 minutes against Kaiserslautern in Germany on Saturday.

The Dons went down 2-0 but the display of Aluko, along with returning attacker Peter Pawlett, gave cause for optimism for the new SPL season.

Aluko is keen to erase last term and re-establish himself as a supporters’ favourite.

He said: “Last season was a nightmare. I was practically playing on one leg from November.

“I was fed up feeling injured, so it is so good to be back. I feel sharp again and I want to show what I can do.

“I came back pretty quickly from my operation in January. I probably never really recovered from it and I kept getting niggling injuries.

“It was one thing after another. I was playing on one leg, running around trying to avoid doing certain things.

“The manager wanted me to play and I wanted to play as well. It was just I was not physically right.

“I did not let it affect me. I have a job to do but I could hear them at Pittodrie – they are only about two yards away. If the supporters are not happy they will let you know, but that is part of football. Hopefully, they will see the best of me now I am back fit again.”

The 48,000 capacity Fritz Walter Stadion was a far cry from north-east junior football team Banchory St Ternan’s ground, where Aluko made his comeback for the Dons under-19s 48 hours earlier.

Aberdeen produced arguably their best performance of pre-season during the first half in Germany but were caught out by two breakaway goals from the newly promoted Bundesliga outfit.

It was still a case of job done for the Dons and all eyes are now on Saturday's SPL opener against Hamilton Accies at Pittodrie.

Aluko is now in the final year of his contract at the club but insists his focus is firmly on the short-term.

He said: “I am just happy to be back out there playing again. Kaiserslautern was a bit different to playing at Crathes. I asked to play against Banchory because I needed to play in some games. Pre-season is all about building fitness and match sharpness.

“It would be great to get back into Europe but my first goal is to get back playing every week. After that I will set targets in terms of goals and points but overall the aim is to be more consistent than last year.”

Dons manager Mark McGhee will today resume discussions with full back Grant Basey. The released Charlton defender did not travel to Germany but McGhee is still hopeful he can sign the 21-year-old.

He has to send out one or possibly two of his players on loan to fund the deal. Forward Michael Paton was the only unused substitute in Germany but McGhee said there was nothing untoward about the decision.

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1862765#ixzz0w6Bdrmau

He couldn't have looked more moody/uninterested against Brighton. Come on Sone, show us why we wanted you back!  :thumbsup: