Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

BBC: Dons boss Mark McGhee will not rush into new signings

Brilliant post. Sums up the utter shambles that is our situation. Yes afc should be a viable buuisiness, but if folk think football is the same as running a shop, or oil supply yard or whatever, they are mistaken. There is an element of paying out initially to get the long term gains, afc is in a precarious place at the moment, we can't afford to put a decent team on the pitch, but we are thinking of digging up the clubs history and roots and moving to a multi million pound Lego complex? Utterly wrong priorities!

ST struck upon the thing that annoys me most about AFC. When we made all these cuts we made before anyone else, I was quite happy for the short term pain for long term gain, but seriously, what the fuck have they achieved? If we hadn't made any cuts at all and were in £20million worth of debt instead and had maybe won something in the past 15 years would we be any worse off. Its not like we can actually afford to pay off the debt we already have.

I personally dont blame AFC for other teams success due to lack of cost cutting. The buck stops with UEFA and their Pussyfooting.

So much talk about the clubs being punished for their terrible Finances but instead of coming down hard on the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid or closer to home, Hearts and Rangers, they pick on clubs that wont just tell them to fuck off. Like ordering Brechin city to destroy 'the hedge' becuase their pitch isnt wide enough to host UEFA cup games. 

The apparent 'silverware that clubs have won since we started the cost cutting about 14years ago

Dundee utd - 1 Scottish cup

Hearts - 2 Scottish cups and 1 second place finish (their debt is 3times that of ours and rising)

Kilmarnock - 1 Scottish cup

Livingston - 1 League cup (Financially fucked and now just promoted back to the 2nd division)

Hibs - 1 League cup

All other trophys went to the old firm.

Now if Platini finally grows some balls and starts hitting clubs from Italy, Spain, England, Scotland (and any other places full of debt ridden teams) with sanctions and the AFC situation doesnt improve then Ill jump on the bandwagon

Guest donindundonald

Hit the nail on the head superstar, but one thing is:

I dont want exciting signings, I just want SOME signings.

100 targets (LOLOLOLOLOLOL) and weve managed 1 signing.

He has not got a clue i'm afraid.

Gotta disagree with most of that. I'm sure the signing of any half-decent SPL class player would make some people come out and buy season tickets in the belief that this season wasn't gonna be like all the rest.

And if you really think there's no benefit in a team gelling by playing together before the season starts you are quite frankly insane.

The only SPL half decent player we've been linked with is Kyle....if you think folk would have bought a season ticket on the back of his signing then you my friend are the one who is insane.

With regards to pre season the proof is there for all to see, i've been in Holland to watch AFC stumble about against amateurs and the players barely tried a leg. I think the same pre season we got fked 5-1 from Liverpool. The team then finished the season 4th. There was a couple of decent signings near the season started that were the reason for that. I just think if we have 11 good footballers in place by the start of the season we'll be fine! At the moment we could make a case for 6 or 7?