Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Why do you love AFC?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A lot of folk listing why they started supporting the Dons but we've done that before in other threads.  I'm wondering why you continue to love the Dons?

If a woman treated you like this you'd ditch her.  If your auld man was this much trouble you'd probably stick him in a home and let some other poor sods look after him whilst you checked in from time to time.  If any other aspect of your life mugged you off this much you'd distance yourself from it.

So why do we tune in each week, skip straight to the back pages hoping for news, log into chat sites, spend so much time and money and continue to be glamoured by AFC?

I think its just frustration more than anything. The feeling of inevitability and the almost obliviousness of everyone at the club at what was going on. Don't get me wrong my hope, optimism and passion has already started to return. I just felt completely let down by everyone bar Angus the bull.

I continue to love this club because as the saying goes "Every Dog Has It`s Day" and when you goto watch the team you just never know what Aberdeen side will turn up from week to week which I think is a healthy thing. 

I`d actually hate to be a fan of The Big Four/Five/Six whatever is now down South or the Old Firm as you kind of know what to expect from them and that`s not fun.  The concept that`s always intrigued me is the idea we only ever perform against those who are supposedly better than us and nine times out of ten we come away with a result one deserves for their efforts. 

Really at the end of the day what other side does this theory apply to but The Dandy Dons?   

I continue to love them because they are still MY team.

Tried very hard in '95 and 2000 to "not care" about results, but I just couldn't

Even when abroad on holidays I still "need" to know how we did

I hear you. When we are away anywhere and I don't have internet access I anxiously  await a text from my parents telling me the score.

Good to see that no one loves the players or the board. Been brought up an aberdeen supporter and been going to Pittodrie since I was 7 (may of went to an away game before that but can't mind).

Cunts to a man.

Should start a 'What do you hate about AFC' thread - it'd be packed.

I could list many reasons, it's my mums fault for labelling me an Aberdeen fan because she grew up in Glasgow and didn't want me following the old firm or great games I've been to or the great friends I have made through footballetc etc etc. I can't help but think though that I love Aberdeen because I'm a fucking idiot.