Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Just had a look on the hat, and it seems we have mis-understood the situation.

Next season is the transitional season, not this one. Once we've had a clear out the transition begins.

And mizer, fuck off with your agenda.  ;)

Just had a look on the hat, and it seems we have mis-understood the situation.

Next season is the transitional season, not this one. Once we've had a clear out the transition begins.

And mizer, fuck off with your agenda.  ;)

Dont you realise the reason Mark has the worst managerial record in history is because he has to deal with transfer windows unlike other managers :tumbleweed:

One wonders how many possible excuses can be trotted out before McGhee takes any responsibility in the eyes of some - the players, the fans, the board, the transition period, the pitch, the transfer window, Calderwood, Scottish football in general, injuries, suspensions, referees and the rest.

I also wonder how any of you can be fucking arsed to be fucking arsed about this sham of a club, run by clowns from the top downwards.

Can McGhee be trusted to clear out the squad? I doubt it. Can he be trusted to bring in players of any kind of quality? Again, doubtful. And can he turn this around? Very fucking doubtful. You would imagine we will see McGhee leaving his position in the next few months, given it's been an absolute fucking disaster from day one - the signings, the results, the tactics, the performances, the football, the media dealings, every-fucking-thing.

It's all bollocks really.

A classic from afc-hat

i am quite sure if mcghee said he would eat a scabby bairn in a pishy blanket you would be urinating on infants as we speak

McGhee will come good. He's done good stuff 'n' that before.

Exactly

Uncle Ebbe came here with a superb record (un)like McGhee

Had a ropey first season just like McGhee

Did we sack him on this one blip?, nah we ground it out and reaped the rewards in later seasons.

In Ebbe we trust.

Poor season and McGhee has escaped it and will presumably lose 1-0 on Saturday to complete the misery.

That said JC had clearly run out of any ideas on where AFC were going and the board had no more funds to offer. The feeling around Aberdeen is that JC could not bring through youngsters or was reluctant to do so. Whether that opinion holds any credence we'll never know.

Going forward McGhee has to hit the ground running in August. No cup exits to lower league sides and minimum top 4 in the league to be considered a decent side - on a negative side due to our terrible league position we won't be seeded for league cup draw therefore will face an SPL side in any case in the 3rd round draw unless one of them goes out in round 2. I think there is a nucleus of a decent team there somewhere and hope McGhee can find the signings to ensure this is the case.

Poor season and McGhee has escaped it and will presumably lose 1-0 on Saturday to complete the misery.

That said JC had clearly run out of any ideas on where AFC were going and the board had no more funds to offer. The feeling around Aberdeen is that JC could not bring through youngsters or was reluctant to do so. Whether that opinion holds any credence we'll never know.

Going forward McGhee has to hit the ground running in August. No cup exits to lower league sides and minimum top 4 in the league to be considered a decent side - on a negative side due to our terrible league position we won't be seeded for league cup draw therefore will face an SPL side in any case in the 3rd round draw unless one of them goes out in round 2. I think there is a nucleus of a decent team there somewhere and hope McGhee can find the signings to ensure this is the case.

Calderwood not blooding youngsters is a complete myth perpetuated by the people who wanted a new manager to come in. He had a team that included Maguire, Aluko, Considine. He brought in Josh walker for a season. He would play youth if it was worth them being in the team and I don't see McGhee as being any different. Fyvie would have had less than half the appearances he's had so far if Stephen Hughes had signed for us, and similarly Pawlett or Aluko would have made way for O'Brien.

Calderwood not blooding youngsters is a complete myth perpetuated by the people who wanted a new manager to come in. He had a team that included Maguire, Aluko, Considine. He brought in Josh walker for a season. He would play youth if it was worth them being in the team and I don't see McGhee as being any different. Fyvie would have had less than half the appearances he's had so far if Stephen Hughes had signed for us, and similarly Pawlett or Aluko would have made way for O'Brien.

In fairness Padre, he brought in Josh Walker and promptly took the huff with him and either put him on the bench or didn't have him in his squad at all after their fall out which was criminal because he would have been one of our best players had his early promise continued.  In my opinion both Paton and Pawlett should have been playing last season, I know they appeared towards the end but I think we could have and should have used them before that.

Calderwood used the squad he had to get us back into Europe, blooding youth players when possible.

McGhee used youth players to avoid relegation by the skin of our teeth, that could either make or break a young player - we'll find out which soon enough.