Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

McGhee - Clueless since day 1

From the quotes from the press room section of RedWeb:

Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee was disappointed with the lack of discipline shown by his players as they lost 3-1 to Hamilton.

The Accies ran out convincing winners over the Dons, who finished the match with nine men after Richard Foster and Zander Diamond saw red in a fiery encounter.

McGhee said: ``We have seen performances this season that have been disjointed and inert, and it was another one of those today.

Why can't you do something about it then? You've had a full season to address the problems with players attitudes

``We lost a goal from the first corner kick, which put us on the back foot, and we never recovered from that. Eventually we lost our discipline by getting two men sent off.

``All I can say is that it is not the way I expect my team to play. I have told the players in no uncertain terms that is not the way it is going to be. Anyone who is going to be here next season has to be better than that.

``This just reinforces my need to make changes with the squad.''

Aberdeen captain Mark Kerr was jeered by his own supporters before eventually being substituted, but McGhee sprang to his defence.

He added: ``I feel sorry for Mark. He is such an honest player and he held his hands up and said he had a poor performance.

``He was determined to play but he had been ill all week and I took him off because of that.

``I didn't take him off because the supporters were giving him stick. He didn't deserve any more stick than anybody else.

``But Mark is a player who is out of contract and it is looking less and less likely that he is going to be here next season.

``If the fans feel as strongly as that, then they probably won't have that much longer to put up with him.''

If you can't see why we give this ratty little bastard abuse then you're a buffoon

Hamilton boss Billy Reid was delighted with his side and believes they were worthy victors.

He said: ``I thought we were brilliant, and to score from a set piece in the first minute showed the intentions that we came here with to win the game.

``We knew if we could win today then Aberdeen couldn't catch us.

``I hope there is not a lot made of Aberdeen being poor as I don't think that would be fair. This group of players have been brilliant over the past 12 weeks and it is all credit to them.''

It was the second time this season Hamilton had beaten Aberdeen at Pittodrie, following a 2-1 win back in December.

Reid added: ``It is a place where we have done well and have won three of our last four matches here.

``I'm not wanting to rub salt into the wounds, but we could, and probably should, have won by more goals.''

That's probably spot on. And the same for any team who's beaten us this season. How our goals against isn't a whole lot worse than it is I'll never quite understand.

From the quotes from the press room section of RedWeb:

Why can't you do something about it then? You've had a full season to address the problems with players attitudes

If you can't see why we give this ratty little bastard abuse then you're a buffoon

That's probably spot on. And the same for any team who's beaten us this season. How our goals against isn't a whole lot worse than it is I'll never quite understand.

Spot on that is just what I was thinking when I read the article - I am sick of him defending a total fuck of a player who quite obviously doesn't give a toss about the club

Spot on that is just what I was thinking when I read the article - I am sick of him defending a total fuck of a player who quite obviously doesn't give a toss about the club

Spot on.  He doesnt even show he cares.  Time to go elsewhere.  He is meant to be playing for the shirt and cant do it, even if he was playing to look good in the shop window he would only be in the 99p shop window.  Pathetic!

Roll on next season. Cant wait to see who we get in.

Spot on.  He doesnt even show he cares.  Time to go elsewhere.  He is meant to be playing for the shirt and cant do it, even if he was playing to look good in the shop window he would only be in the 99p shop window.  Pathetic!

Roll on next season. Cant wait to see if we get anyone in.

More likely ;)