Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Mark McGhee Job Safe

I just find it stunning that board are prepared to back McGhee even if he takes us to first relegation in the clubs history. How can they possibly stand by a manager who manages to relegate a team that finished 4th the season before?

I agree, I think the club are just saying that as they don't seriously think we'll be brought into a relegation scrap.

Well they need to open their eyes. We're already in it. Anyway, if that's Millers attitude on this then he should be sacked at the same time as McGhee. If we lose on Saturday I expect to see both of them being handed their P45's.

In Mizer's defense there's not exactly a lot of grounds for optimism being generated either by Dingus or within the corridors of power at Pittodrie.

Regarding the playing staff, even the usual suspects like Deek Dung seem to have been struck down by silence just now.

Mizer is a malcontent. True fact. He wasn't happy until JC got sacked and then he took a particularly disgusting glee in his demise and now he's unhappy with the result of what gave him and many others such happiness.

" given the dressing room " 4 little words right in the middle which say it all.

He knows they don't give a fuck, he can't make them do so and is resigned to them dragging him along until the campaign ends.

Grow some balls man!

So what would you like him to do once he's grown these balls? What realistically could he do differently at the current time other than throw in the youth team on masse?

So what would you like him to do once he's grown these balls? What realistically could he do differently at the current time other than throw in the youth team on masse?

It's true to say there is probably very little he can do with his current group of players but unless we suddenly find a few miilion under Pittodrie to make wholesale changes to the squad, which was never an option, that is what he has to deal with. The same that he has had to deal with since day one.

I love the twisted logic in play here, a squad that finished last season 4th, now take it and change it, because the basis of it wasn't good enough? Perfect sense.

That and the recent "we're about where we expected to be". Yes, I'm sure an impression would have been made to board members at the start of the season had "We expect to be relegation candidates towards the end of the season" been expressed.

Right from the start McGhee and the board knew he had what he had. Now we are relying upon the return of the professionalism of a squad who have shown very little throughout a thoroughly cowardly and bawless season from virtually all concerned. McGhee has proven he cannot coax that from them, it will have to come entirely from the players. I have little hope of that based upon a season thus far greatly characterised by cowardice and poor direction.

Drop Kerr and play Duff/Young/Fyvie instead.  It's not rocket science.

Why did Young ever get dropped after a run of a few decent performances?!?!

Then again, why is Kerr still captain!?!?!?

Why am I still suprised that McGhee is insane?!?!?

:hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: