Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Mark McGhee Job Safe

What ever happens - Falkirk at home on saturday is a must win game... I do think it might be counter productive to sack him now though - who would take charge for the remaining fixtures?

Us. We can have a poll on which formation, then on which player to play in each of the positions. During the game we can watch the game on the pittodrie web cam and argue in live chat what changes need to be made. McJager can also give us feedback on how its going at half time after the leaves  :thumbsup:

Miller had a team that was capable of standing up to Smith's 9IAR team though, and when he had to make his own signings his arse collapsed.

Obviously, but we wouldn't be expecting him to make any signings, just get a win or a couple of draws from the remaining five games with a squad capable of standing up to last seasons fourth placed team.

From the retard today:

WILLIE MILLER yesterday told Mark McGhee his job is safe - even if Aberdeen are relegated for the first time in their history.

McGhee's side - who have won just once in 15 matches - need another six points to beat the drop.

However, despite the public vote of confidence, McGhee isn't convinced he will dodge the axe.

The Gothenburg Great said: "I know the board has said I'm safe but these things can change.

"It would be wrong to think if things continue to go badly I'm going to keep getting the support I need.

"Clearly, my message isn't getting through to the players so people will ask if I am the right manager."

McGhee reckons a win over Falkirk on Saturday would be the greatest feat of his managerial career.

He said: "I am facing the hardest week of my managerial career. Given the dressing room, I have to find 11 players who are prepared to give the commitment required to beat Falkirk.

"If we win the game, I will see it as the biggest result of my managerial career because we are in a place you don't want to be. But when I came here I would never have believed in a million years that we would be in this position."

McGhee added: "This is reflecting badly on how well I might be doing my job so I must expect questions to be asked about me.

"It's a massive worry because I want to be at Aberdeen long enough to prove I am capable of rebuilding things and delivering a successful team. But if I feel under threat there are other people at this club who are hugely under threat."

I read that and think, he has no ideas left and he has almost given up and will let us go down.

To be fair that's because you are negative as feck - not saying your not entitled to be negative but 100% of all your posts are negative, even about going to a game so you won't allow anything he says to influence you in a positive way.

For me it was the opposite, its clear he doesn't know what to expect on Saturday but what we'll see is a team prepared to battle for the badge on Saturday.

After that i'm not totally sure he knows where the club is going but I am just going to support the team on Saturday and allow myself to be positive because the opposite is another week of feeling pissed off whenever I think about AFC and that's no existence.

In Mizer's defense there's not exactly a lot of grounds for optimism being generated either by Dingus or within the corridors of power at Pittodrie.

Regarding the playing staff, even the usual suspects like Deek Dung seem to have been struck down by silence just now.

From the retard today:

I read that and think, he has no ideas left and he has almost given up and will let us go down.

What a lot of nonsense Mizer. I don't particularly have a lot of faith in the guy but I certainly dont think he's given up and I certainly don't think he's willing to "let us go down".  If he comes out and says "we'll definitely stay up" you'd have a moan at that, he says this and you moan at that too. Obviously the way round that is that he says fuck all, but that isn't going to happen because press commitments are part of his job.

I do read that and think he has almost given up, I cant see how you could read it another way tbh. You are right he has to speak to the media, and I think in an ideal world he would have rather not done it either - but if he didnt the press would have went with a not speaking to the press panic story.