Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Ibrox (Away)

Well, well, it's that time of year again. A trip down there.

I seem to remember 6 short years ago a similarly shite Dons team going through an equally shite spell heading down for a midweek trip to Glasgow with some real utter shite in their ranks like John fucking Stewart, and somehow leaving the Tattiedome with a 3-2 win.

So, after 19 years this is as good a chance as any for a win I suppose?

Anyone else heading down/up/across? I've gotta ticket (it's gonna be my first league game of the calendar year  :-\ ) but i've not sorted out any way of getting there (yet!).

was that game with the real shite in  our ranks not 2-1? Prunty and Zdrillic?  The tims started chucking stones etc as we were on our way out the ground.

3-2 was the season after i think, JC's first season?

I've never seen us win at Ibrox. Was there earlier in the season and for a bit of that game I thought we could have sneaked it, but I don't hold out much hope tomorrow night.

Anyone else heading down/up/across? I've gotta ticket (it's gonna be my first league game of the calendar year  :-\ ) but i've not sorted out any way of getting there (yet!).

Nope, no chance. Going on our recent performances we could end up getting really pumped, I know they have turned it on at times before but - I think they will just go to destroy us via Grassi.

was that game with the real shite in  our ranks not 2-1? Prunty and Zdrillic? 

Aberdeen: Preece (Esson 13), McGuire, McNaughton (Stewart 79), Anderson, Severin, Tosh, Hart, Clark, Adams, Pasquinelli (Foster 56), Mackie.

Nope, no chance. Going on our recent performances we could end up getting really pumped, I know they have turned it on at times before but - I think they will just go to destroy us via Grassi.

Aberdeen: Preece (Esson 13), McGuire, McNaughton (Stewart 79), Anderson, Severin, Tosh, Hart, Clark, Adams, Pasquinelli (Foster 56), Mackie.

that was the 3-2 game was it not? Did the 2-1 game not have Rutkiewicz, Buckley et al playing?

Guest ally s

that was the 3-2 game was it not? Did the 2-1 game not have Rutkiewicz, Buckley et al playing?

You're right BB it was the 3-2 game.

I'll be heading through tomorrow.  We've got to beat them over there one of these days, it would be typical if tomorrow night was that time.

Rangers 3

Davis (24), Lafferty (65), Miller (76)

Aberdeen 1

Mackie (68)

This was not the worst performance by Aberdeen, but once again poor defending and a lack of fire power up front was their downfall. In a low key first half a great strike from Davis separated the teams. Aberdeen looked a much better prospect after the break, but just as they looked as though they might get back on terms a quick Rangers break allowed Lafferty to score. Aberdeen hit back three minutes later as McLean did well and Mackie slid in at the back post to score. Aberdeen looked as if they could possibly take a point when a badly defended corner gave Miller the third. In the 69th minute. 16-year-old Jack Grimmer became the youngest player to play in the SPL as he made his Dons debut when he replaced McLean. With Fyvie and Marshall also coming on, it was a young team that finished the match.

Aberdeen: Langfield, Grassi, Mulgrew, Foster, Ifil, Diamond, Mackie, Kerr, McLean, Paton, Aluko.

Rangers: McGregor, Weir, Whittaker, Wilson, Papac, Edu, Davis, McCulloch, Naismith, Lafferty, Miller.

Thought we were back into the game when it went 2-1. Nae to be though.

Best spell of the game for us.

Took the game to the filth, but having said that as in keeping with the rest of the game we had fuck all threat in the eighteen yard box and things fell apart at that point.

Guest ally s

Best spell of the game for us.

Took the game to the filth, but having said that as in keeping with the rest of the game we had fuck all threat in the eighteen yard box and things fell apart at that point.

Did we?! I left with 10 minutes to go but for 80 minutes we let the Huns have all the posession they wanted. Not once did was I confident or even encouraged by anything I saw from Aberdeen. We were chasing shadows for much of the game and I can only recall 1 shot at goal (which went wide) other than Mackie's goal