Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Oh aye, we're playing Killie the morn

MON THE DONS!

:ultras:

The Aberdeen squad’s affection for Jimmy Calderwood will not prevent them from sending their former manager’s Kilmarnock side deeper into relegation trouble.

The Dons head to Rugby Park on Easter Sunday with their own agenda, but victory would inflict further woe on Calderwood’s Killie, who are just four points above SPL bottom club Falkirk.

Calderwood was a popular figure with the Dons playing squad and many were unhappy with the decision to sack him at the end of last season after five consecutive top-six finishes.

Current manager Mark McGhee is confident the emotions will be put to one side on Sunday, however. He said: “I think it’s always in the back of the players’ minds and I’m sure they would rather not be playing Kilmarnock as they don’t want to be part of anything which would cause him ill because he was so popular.

“They are professional, however, and know they need to do the business, so I don’t believe it will effect their performances.â€

McGhee is not reading too much into Killie’s abysmal recent record of six consecutive defeats.

The Dons only ended an 11-match winless run with last week’s victory against St Mirren and badly need to construct a semblance of form for the rest of the campaign.

The opportunity to reach the top six of the SPL has not yet completely evaporated, although the Dons require Hearts to drop points against St Mirren tomorrow and then hope for St Johnstone to suffer similar misfortune against Dundee United on Monday.

McGhee, who will today head to England to scout for new players, said: “Kilmarnock received a lift when Jimmy came in, which is often the case when a new manager arrives. But the results have not been going for them recently.

“They have lost six in a row, but they have had some very difficult fixtures in there.

“It is a bit like ourselves. Going 11 matches without a win does not look good in black and white, but, even in that run, there were some positive displays, such as against Celtic, Hibs and latterly against Dundee United.

“They are in a situation like ourselves where confidence is fragile. If they get the first goal then it could all change and the confidence which has been missing for five or six games comes flooding back.â€

Aberdeen midfielder Gary McDonald has failed to recover from a hamstring strain, defender Jim Paterson has returned to Plymouth, while attacker Steven MacLean will miss out through suspension.

Dons forward Chris Maguire has scored four goals in eight matches during a fruitful loan spell at Rugby Park, but he will not be permitted to face his parent club.

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1672884#ixzz0jwlWANQs

Looking forward to this one actually!!

Maybe cause its on the telly but more-so i believe we are due a good result and i think it could be this one.

McGhee is taking a lot o criticism and i think some of it is due, but not all of it.  keep the faith.  Just remember Fergie at Man Utd.  Ok completely different situations but things can and WILL change.  Time is the problem. 

It can go one of two ways, the Southgate way at Boro or the Moyes way at Everton. 

Jimmy got us as far as we realisticly could have gone under him and financial restrains he was put under and perhaps overreached the goals (apart from the cup) that was set with the squad he had.

Two nil the Dons tomorrow and roll on next season!!  :thumbsup:

been stuck on the islands this week, but please tell me someone else seen the killie fan's post on the hotline ( daily record) I'm sure it was Tuesday if not monday.

Basically read, fed up with JC, plays our players out of position, benches our best defenders to play others there and if he's there next season I won't be!

Wish I'd remembered it on tuesday before I left. Straight run of defeats for killie now. This could have been written by any dons fan a year ago. Funny how absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Yes we are pish just now, but try to remember that we were also pish then. lets give the boss a chance and then moan at christmas if he doesn't take it.

been stuck on the islands this week, but please tell me someone else seen the killie fan's post on the hotline ( daily record) I'm sure it was Tuesday if not monday.

Basically read, fed up with JC, plays our players out of position, benches our best defenders to play others there and if he's there next season I won't be!

Wish I'd remembered it on tuesday before I left. Straight run of defeats for killie now. This could have been written by any dons fan a year ago. Funny how absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Yes we are pish just now, but try to remember that we were also pish then. lets give the boss a chance and then moan at christmas if he doesn't take it.

:thumbsup:

By pish you mean qualifying for European competitions and not talking about relegation?

I was furious when we qualified for Europe and humped Hibs on the final day of the season with an absolutely fantastic display of football. I coul barely finish my Bovril I was so angry.

Falkirk result today potentially drags us back into the mix if we lose the morn.

Against that the failure of the Mini Huns to win means top six is still possible if we grab three points against Killie

Bring it on

C'mon you reds

i remember us qualifying through good fortune rather than guile and skill. My memory's not all it used to be but I'm fairly sure I failed to notice the immense display that day. Europe I have to give you, but we always raise our game when we are the underdog.remember under mmg we've beat the huns and drew 4-4 with the other ugly sister.

i remember us qualifying through good fortune rather than guile and skill. My memory's not all it used to be but I'm fairly sure I failed to notice the immense display that day. Europe I have to give you, but we always raise our game when we are the underdog.remember under mmg we've beat the huns and drew 4-4 with the other ugly sister.

League tables simply don't lie, not at the end of the season anyway.

Falkirk result today potentially drags us back into the mix if we lose the morn.

Against that the failure of the Mini Huns to win means top six is still possible if we grab three points against Killie

Bring it on

C'mon you reds

I like to think that the falkirk win means that there is a better chance that Killie will be relegated, which I'm sure we can all agree is a good thing. I fed up going to that souless shit hole to watch crap football.

Having said that looking forward to heading along tomorrow/today, even if I'll only have a moaning cunt for company.

As much as I dinnae like (and have never liked) Falkirk, they are nowhere near as irritating and shite as Killie. I'll be glad if Killie disappeared down the relegation toilet this season. They've been in the SPL for faaaaaaar too long. They need to be brought back down to their rightful level amongst the likes of Hamilton, Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Johnstone, Partick, etc ... ie the clubs that will have one season in the lofty heights of the top six, then piss aff back down the SPL and into the 1st or 2nd division for a wee while ... only to return to the SPL after robbing every other 1st division club of their best talents.

To be honest, I think Dundee are a bigger club (even pre-Melville) than Killie will ever be, and are probably more deserving of a longer sustained period in the SPL. I'd like to see either Dundee or even Ross County in the SPL. Infact .... bin Killie, Falkirk and Hamilton, and replace them with Dundee, Caley and Ross County. It would save the Red Army an absolute fortune each season!

Naebody's forcing anyone to go!

Killie is nae bad day oot - although it is a long treck on the train fae Aberdeen.

Was always one of my favourite away days - although nae been in a couple of years.

Set oot early from Aberdeen and get train to Glasgow - few pints in Glasgow - carry oot on train to Killie - few more pints and nips when there - shite game/leave at half time/stay in pub - back on train with wee carry oot to Glasgow - into a pub - another carry oot for the last train up to Aberdeen - arrive at midnight in Aberdeen and heid up the toon!  :wino:

Was nae bad day oot when lived in Glasgow inna!

Aye, but the worst place on earth when yer spaced oot, min! Hehe.

Far rather see Falkirk get relegated. I am far from bothered about Killie's fate though and I would not give one fuck if they got binned too but Falkirk for me to go down, please.

As long as Inverness come up!!

Couldn't agree more.

If anyone finds an illegal link to watch todays game on, make sure to alert me to it so I can pass it onto the relevant authorities.