Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

If only Stewart Milne could show some of this passion

...not to mention honesty.

An open letter from West Ham's Joint Chairman David Sullivan.

I am writing this on Wednesday morning. I had no sleep last night, having watched the shambolic performance by the team against Wolves.

I was as angry and upset as every supporter in the stadium at the disorganised way we played, allowing Wolves too much space so that they looked more like Manchester United. This was the culmination of five defeats in a row, including an appalling performance against Bolton.

We have a few very talented players in our team, but it is a very unbalanced squad. Individually we have some very good players, but this is not being converted into a good team performance. Nobody at the club should delude themselves that we are a good team. The table at this stage of the season does not lie.

However, with some of the outstanding players we have, we can and must do better as a team. I apologise to every supporter for the pathetic showing on Tuesday night but I fully expect a dramatic improvement as we have so much individual talent.

I accept that the club is in deep relegation trouble. However, we are a long way from being relegated. With your help we can get out of this and regroup in the summer.

This is a difficult time. It has been a week to regret but Saturday's result can change that. We need a win, we need you to support us, to forgive us the result against Wolves and to remember what this great club is about.

The history and tradition of West Ham United, the heritage and the prestige demands we are a Premier League club. But we have no right to that. We have to earn it. The Academy of Football? Now we have to show that. The manager knows, I know, the players know.

When I first started supporting West Ham, we had a tradition for playing the game "the right way". I will settle for any way right now, as long as it is the winning way!

We all have our favourite players, our heroes. Older fans can remember players like Bobby Moore, Sir Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters – the cornerstone of England's 1966 World Cup win. I know rival teams mock us West Ham fans for saying that, but one was the captain, another scored a hat-trick, the other scored the fourth. That sounds like a claret and blue contribution to me.

Younger supporters will probably look to strikers such as Frank McAvennie and Tony Cottee as well as Paolo Di Canio. They all brought something special to the club.

Then there was Sir Trevor Brooking, Billy Bonds, Alan Taylor, Bryan "Pop" Robson, Phil Parkes, Alvin Martin and Ray Stewart. We didn't win much but there was always a quality and a style. Another hero to watch: a midfield playmaker, a little wizard on the wing, a goalscorer.

Now we need this team to show their quality.

Now we need this team to show us their talent, their desire, their passion, their dare.

Now we need new heroes.

Saturday may be tense, on Saturday you will feel anxious and, at times, unsettled. I ask that we try not to transmit that on to the field, that we get behind the team and provide them with a platform. The rest is up to them.

It's hard being an owner. I'm finding it's harder being an owner who is a supporter. I hope for happier times soon.

Thank you for sharing the same vision and dreams.

Come on West Ham.

David Sullivan

Joint-Chairman

Ok, it doesn't really achieve much in the grand scheme of things but it at least shows that he gives a fuck.

HIi am writing this because someone in this place thought it might help?

On Staurday, some guy's are playing.....some kind of game? or something?

Anyway get along and pay to watch whatever it is they are doing each week as i'm thinking of getting some hair implants and the spare cash would be useful.

on a side note i have a piece of prime land coming up for sale soon, excellent development oppertunities, anyone interested?

Stewart Milne

Chairman (of something)

He's a very honest man BB. From the articles I have read, and there were quite a few around the time they were close to sealing and when the finally completed the deal. He really is a true Hammer and its nice to see a Chairman hurt as much as the fans do. As you say, it won't achieve anything, but as a fan, I know i would like to read that the chairman wore his heart on his sleave. If Milne came out with that now, I would think its a load of pish as he's never done it before, so it would all be some shitey PR campaign.

If Milne didn't care he wouldn't be there every home game taking the abuse, he certainly could do without the hassle.

He's obviously not in it for the money!

No one said he didn't care. He just seems as apathetic as an awful lot of the support at the moment (but then, he's seemed that way for a long time now)

No one said he didn't care. He just seems as apathetic as an awful lot of the support at the moment (but then, he's seemed that way for a long time now)

He only owns 30% of the shares anyway, why does no one have a go at the other shareholders for not plowing more cash into the club?

PS If I'd been one of those paid off by Milne I wouldn't be happy he was spending cash on his hobby.

He only owns 30% of the shares anyway, why does no one have a go at the other shareholders for not plowing more cash into the club?

PS If I'd been one of those paid off by Milne I wouldn't be happy he was spending cash on his hobby.

1. I don't know. Why don't they?

2. Absolutely.

This thread, as the title suggests and the first post also says, is about passion for the club. That he can show that he wants the same for the club that the fans want. That he can show we're all singing from the same hymn sheet. A bit of togetherness could go a long way ye know?  It mentioned fuck all about investing his own money.

Now, why don't you just read the words that are on the screen instead of jumping in with two feet because you're so obviously hell bent on defending Stewart Milne's "honour"*.

*if he has any left.

FFS, you just turned up and already deviating from the topic :hammer: Good to see you've settled in already :D

Thats the problem, wiggy hasn't shown any real passion for the club and I don't see this changing. The investment thing is a whole different kettle of fish.

Milne is a funny one, his constant attendance at games and the fact he's not gone "fuck ya" even after all the abuse he's taken indicates he does indeed give a shit. The fact that given the financial resources he has that he's not cleared the significant debt that he himself steered the club into implies that  he only gives a small shit and that he might not even bother wiping once its done. 

What do you want...... A Delia Smith style let's be aviiingggg yyoooooouuuuu rant from Milne at half time!?  ???

He's a quiet reserved man, give him a break ffs.

Is that what's in the first post?

Daytripping indeed. You're clearly on a fishing trip. Or you're just monumentally fucking stupid.

Is that what's in the first post?

Daytripping indeed. You're clearly on a fishing trip. Or you're just monumentally fucking stupid.

Right; you want him to write a letter...................that would then be ripped to shreds by the majority of our fans who are interested in one thing only..........his cash!

To all Dandies and players.

Fit like dons fans and players, get behind the cause, ficht for the jersey, please win the next game, cheers cheels.

Regards,

Yer chairman stewart. xx

Guest rocket debris

I have it on good authority that Mr Milne contributes £4,000,000 annually to the clubs coffers ....

Your authority is not good. In fact, it's shite.

The accounts prove year in and year out and neither Milne nor anyone else has "contributed to the club's coffers".

I have it on good authority that Mr Milne contributes £4,000,000 annually to the clubs coffers ....

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What a good laugh that was, got any others?

What a good laugh that was, got any others?

sorry no .... i laughed so hard at my own thread that i now have a stitch ... must admit myself that was nearly as funny as Mobraw getting the dunt from Parkheid.