Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

St Johnstone away 16-3-2010

Guest ally s

I disagree with a lot of the comments reference enthusiasm etc

From what I saw last night the players were clearly giving it everything but for one reason or another things just ain't clicked under McGhee.

That's the first time I've seen MacLean and I have to say I wasn't impressed at all, Paterson didn't exactly cover himself in glory either.

Thing with Ifil, although I've not seen him this season and I'm basing my opinion on the few times I saw him in a Swindon shirt and what I heard from Swindon fans and in the local press, I don't think McGhee is getting the best out of him either. He was out of favour under Danny Wilson when he left but he always looked solid when I saw him and I'm certain there were EPL clubs looking at him around the time his brother was at Spurs. 

I thought Ifil made some strange decisions on the ball, a few times rather than just clear it he'd dribble around a bit, get closed in by a St Johnstone player, panic and the ball would end up at a St Johnstone players feet in the Aberdeen third.

Foster did the same at one point as well I think.

Guest ally s

Sorry Baggy but if his performances this season are anything to go by I find that hard to believe.

He makes Brian Irvine look like Franco Baresi.

Sorry Baggy but if his performances this season are anything to go by I find that hard to believe.

He makes Brian Irvine look like Franco Baresi.

I'm not arguing with that at all. I can quite accept that he has been piss poor, all I'm saying is that his form at one point was good enough to have had EPL scouts watching him. They obviously deemed him not good enough but that's not to say he would be completely incapable of doing a job for Aberdeen or regaining that form.

I will make one point though, I don't think he has ever looked like a footballing centre half, and by the sounds of jmo's post he may be being encouraged to play that way?? If that's what McGhee wanted he signed the wrong player and I'm pretty sure that is why Wilson wasn't playing him.

I thought Ifil looked solid at first, The 9 man game against hibs I thought he was MoM, but his confidence is gone and his decision making seems to have gone too.

More generally i think we have a team of players who have either told the club they're leaving in the summer, or been told by the club they're leaving in the summer. I also think Mcghee's resigned himself to a summer of job hunting come what may.

I fully expect us to have a repeat of last summer where the club try to justify the inadequate transfer activity by bringing in a manager too late in the day to do anything.

I fully expect us to have a repeat of last summer where the club try to justify the inadequate transfer activity by bringing in a manager too late in the day to do anything.

See thats what I thought initially, in that he had been brought in very late into the summer and had very little time to assess the squad. However he was brought in on the 12th of June 2009, which should be ample time to assess the squad, assess what is needed and go after targets. After all, the transfer window only opens on the 1st of July.

i think i'm almost past caring

i listened to that shite on the radio last night, never actually expected us to get anything from the game, and when we did eventually lose i wasn't really surprised/bothered.

there seems to be alot of talk of wholesale changes coming in the summer but its never going to happen. a few players will leave, they'll be replaced with 1 or 2 and the club will slowly keep sliding in the wrong direction.

i think i'm almost past caring

i listened to that shite on the radio last night, never actually expected us to get anything from the game, and when we did eventually lose i wasn't really surprised/bothered.

there seems to be alot of talk of wholesale changes coming in the summer but its never going to happen. a few players will leave, they'll be replaced with 1 or 2 and the club will slowly keep sliding in the wrong direction.

Pretty much sums up where I'm at.

See thats what I thought initially, in that he had been brought in very late into the summer and had very little time to assess the squad. However he was brought in on the 12th of June 2009, which should be ample time to assess the squad, assess what is needed and go after targets. After all, the transfer window only opens on the 1st of July.

I agree with that. I really meant that it was an excuse i think they did use and may well use again, even though it's bullshit.

I've always felt they brought in a past great because the over all good will or patience he would get compared to someone else allowed the board more protection. Instead of angry we're all just getting depressed because we can't see any way out of the hole.

I disagree with a lot of the comments reference enthusiasm etc

I haven't seen us much this season and probably won't again this season but when I have, we have been fucking dire, 3 matches I watched where we were pretty good, United away  and Hearts at home and Huns at Ibrox.

Aside from that, the matches I have watched we have been a fucking disgrace in terms of attitude and aggression, a throwback to Paterson/Skovdahl days. 10 points between us and last place is suddenly not much of a fucking cushion.

There have been others where "we" have clearly given it some but let us be honest, they do not give their all. They are not applying themselves the way they should every week and McGhee is het for that, thier professionalism is well short of the mark obviously but McGhee just ain't getting the players to run through brick walls for him. Players are a shadow of themselves. It is soul destroying. 

Guest ally s

I'm only talking about last night's game TF, to me there was no lack of effort.

Like yourself I haven't been to too many games this year so can't really comment on the season as a whole.

Like yourself I haven't been to too many games this year so can't really comment on the season as a whole.

Think the league table sums the season up pretty accurately.

Thing is though - back in November when we went down to 9 men against hibs - we actually played really well & were unlucky to loose - the players realised they HAD to put a shift in for the last half hour. That to me suggests that while the players are capable of putting in the effort, but MM, whether it be tactics/man management is not getting that across to them.

Guest ally s

Think the league table sums the season up pretty accurately.

Thing is though - back in November when we went down to 9 men against hibs - we actually played really well & were unlucky to loose - the players realised they HAD to put a shift in for the last half hour. That to me suggests that while the players are capable of putting in the effort, but MM, whether it be tactics/man management is not getting that across to them.

That would certainly suggest our results have been shite.

Falkirk are bottom of the league, is that through a lack of effort?