Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

So, Hamilton Accies......

Next season when they leave.  :thumbsup: No sooner as MM loves them both.  :hammer:

I can only assume this is almost a political move by MM in that he is almost frightened to leave one of them out for the effect it has on relations between him and the dressing room. That is a total guess right enough, but I'm running out of ideas of why he hasn't dropped both or at least one of them.

I was at Hamilton yesterday ( managed not to swear) but one thing is obvious - the team are not playing for the manager at all - when we went 1 nil down there was no passion or urgency to try and change the game around

Just slightly over 2000 at the game says it all - we could get used to playing to that size of crowd

And on a final note - out of the 300 or so dons fans that had bothered to go - there were a few moronic ones - pretty much booing the players from the start of the game - on Aluko's back the whole time and singing ridiculous chants

Give it a rest - everyone is totally frustrated with the team and results but giving them constant abuse is not the answer   

We actually played some lovely football at times yesterday, we really just lacked the final ball. If we had a bit more dig and industry in the middle of the park, and we could just get the correct ball at the correct time when we're attacking then things might not look so bleak. When was the last time you saw a proper defence splitting pass from one of our players?

Our real issue though, and it's one we've had since MM took over is that our defence is terrible. Accies were picking out holes in our defence with ease every time they came forward, and in the closing minutes of the game we saw Zander trying to mark three players on his own. Our marking is extremely suspect, and we seem to lack any sort of ability to defend the flanks.

Pause it at 1:51 for a quite depressing sight

Never looks as bad when yer there  ::)

Really cannot believe the commentator makes a big deal of their penalty claim before our goal. We got the ball and I dont recall a single hamilton player claiming anything and yet they decide its worthy of a replay but decide to miss out the bizarre late offside decision against us which Mcclean and co were fucking livid with the linesman for

I thought we did better than the last two weeks, although after the total ineptitude at Falkirk and the snorefest at Pittodrie that wasn't going to be hard.  Actually thought Kerr and McDonald did a bit better but still no where near good enough.  Young didn't perform at all out on the right (had he stolen McDonald's invisibility cloak) and it might have been better either using him inside or starting with Mackie out there.  Thought Aluko was really the only one to look consistently dangerous for us, but that too was fairly infrequent.  He certainly looked menacing down the left but seemed to be floating all over the park for most of the match where as I feel he would have got more joy staying on the left and stretching the game, as at times we again lacked any real width.

Good to see we atleast managed to fight our way back into the game and I would love to see the McLean off side decision again, strangely omitted from the highlights, where he seemed to be flagged while still in his own half.  Going to be a long drawn out end to the season but don't feels quite as gloomy as I did last week.

Finally a mention to the fans.  Rarely have I been in such a small dons support (2-300) but they were more vocal and supportive than at the last away game in Falkirk and it was good to hear the majority of shouts and chants were of encouragement.

Special mention to the eejits in front of us who, on going down tried to start a chant of "sack the board".  Who in witnessing Zander commit an horrific challenge that should have seen a red card chanted "one zander diamond", then proceeded to shout abuse at Aluko for....well for being aluko as far as I could gather.  Clueless cunts the lot of them, and thankfully outside their wee group of 3 or 4 were completely ignored by the rest of the support.  The rest of the season will be hard enough without "support" like that

Pause it at 1:51 for a quite depressing sight

Never looks as bad when yer there  ::)

Really cannot believe the commentator makes a big deal of their penalty claim before our goal. We got the ball and I dont recall a single hamilton player claiming anything and yet they decide its worthy of a replay but decide to miss out the bizarre late offside decision against us which Mcclean and co were fucking livid with the linesman for

eek! I thought it was busier to the left of us....obviously not

hamiltonawaycrowd.jpg

Was Zander playing in midfield yesterday.......the reason I just want to make sure is before I ridicule ESPN's team of the week. Zander makes it in as a midfielder and going on what I have read he was pretty poor?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=752301&sec=scotland&root=scotland&cc=5739

ZANDER DIAMOND (Aberdeen): A little bustling hive of activity, the Pittodrie man halted Aberdeen's recent sorry losing streak with a totally committed display during their 1-1 draw with Hamilton. It was hardly a sparkling show from his colleagues, but Diamond earned them a share of the spoils with a 76th-minute goal.

I did quite like this quote on the same page

BAD WEEK

ALLAN McGREGOR (Rangers): The Ibrox keeper can't seem to avoid being dragged into tabloid controversy and is facing a fresh spate of lurid headlines over allegations that his girlfriend beat him up. Then, on Saturday, he was left rooted to the spot as St Mirren swept into a brief lead at Ibrox, before normal service resumed for the champions

Was Zander playing in midfield yesterday.......the reason I just want to make sure is before I ridicule ESPN's team of the week. Zander makes it in as a midfielder and going on what I have read he was pretty poor?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=752301&sec=scotland&root=scotland&cc=5739

Played at the back, and wasn't too bad. Still not as sharp as he needs to be though.