Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

I reckon Mark McGhee will resign...

Guys on mad saying they spoke to Langfield before the match and he was dropped, he didn't have a sore throat as the radio said and as you'd expect he is far from happy with MM at being binned for today's match.

Why say he's got a sore throat despite the fact you have him on the bench? makes no sense to me.  If he's dropped, he's dropped. Happens all the time in football, no big deal

For me Jamie's the king of the bottlers. remember tynecastle semi with UTD, someone throws a pie and he cocks up the rest of the game?

Incredible shot stopping at times, but when you need him to do the bread and butter under pressure he more often than not does the unexpected and costs us dearly.

The Club at the moment seem to be in 4 factions. MM/Players/Board/Fans. I really am in fear for the Club at the moment.

Nail on head. This is the most broken I've ever seen Aberdeen Football Club. It worries me. Back in the dark Alex Miller days, there was always the hope that we would bin him and move for a better manager. There was money there for us to get new players. Despite how much we hated Miller, the support still backed the club. And Wiggy still managed to add a few bob to the transfer kitty when he felt like it.

How, however, I actually think nobody will be able to do a job if McGhee were to go. I sincerely believe no more money will come from Wiggy. I kind of get the impression that he's had enough of leading the club, and could easily walk from the Dons chairman position. As much as I hate to say it, when he goes so does the security that is keeping the banks from closing our doors. And I really don't think anyone with decent money will help the club in this real time of need.

And you know the worst thing? The club is losing fans at a scary rate of knots. The fans who previously stuck by the club through thick and thin are now grown up, have kids, have other commitments and, tbh, would rather be stuck at home or stuck in the pub than have to put up with another shite performance from the Dons. The newest generation of Red-Army-regulars aren't so patient.

I really fear for the future of Aberdeen FC at the moment.

Nail on head. This is the most broken I've ever seen Aberdeen Football Club. It worries me. Back in the dark Alex Miller days, there was always the hope that we would bin him and move for a better manager. There was money there for us to get new players. Despite how much we hated Miller, the support still backed the club. And Wiggy still managed to add a few bob to the transfer kitty when he felt like it.

How, however, I actually think nobody will be able to do a job if McGhee were to go. I sincerely believe no more money will come from Wiggy. I kind of get the impression that he's had enough of leading the club, and could easily walk from the Dons chairman position. As much as I hate to say it, when he goes so does the security that is keeping the banks from closing our doors. And I really don't think anyone with decent money will help the club in this real time of need.

And you know the worst thing? The club is losing fans at a scary rate of knots. The fans who previously stuck by the club through thick and thin are now grown up, have kids, have other commitments and, tbh, would rather be stuck at home or stuck in the pub than have to put up with another shite performance from the Dons. The newest generation of Red-Army-regulars aren't so patient.

I really fear for the future of Aberdeen FC at the moment.

Nonsense.

Linking in with the losing McLean/Paterson thread, if we can not even hold on to the reasonable players we have, never mind attempting to bring in a BETTER quality of player, I reckon MM will give it three transfer windows, if by then he has not been able to at least sign SOME of his identified transfer targets, then he will turn round to milne and miller to say "there is no way i can achieve ANYTHING with the unrealistic constraints imposed as it is affecting the team, the club and the product on the pitch.  I wont have anymore to do with it as it is now tarnishing my reputation.  Go fuck yorselves."

Why do you think that's nonsense?  :-\

Why do you think it's not? I don't see any reason to blame the newest generation for anything? If anything they should be commended. I'd imagine it's pretty easy to follow the Dons when they're winning week in week out and lifting silverware and there's very little other football available to watch on TV. This 'newest generation' who turn up week in week to watch utter shite despite the fact that for the price of a single ticket you can get a whole month of the best Italian/Spanish/French/Dutch/German/English football on your telly.

So, less patient? Nope.

Agree with Dave on that one. I don't know names but the most quick to voice disgust and fury tend to be middle aged folk from what I see and hear. Younger ones are usually going with the flow more and not going in with pre-conceived notions that they're going to be disappointed.

Like in the previous post, young folk know their money can get them better entertainment if that's what they want. It's not though, they want to support their club and aren't just doing so out of either habit, or a holier than thou desire to remind everyone how good the club (and young people generally...) were in their day.

on topic - he'll resign before he's pushed. probably in june at this rate.

Linking in with the losing McLean/Paterson thread, if we can not even hold on to the reasonable players we have, never mind attempting to bring in a BETTER quality of player, I reckon MM will give it three transfer windows, if by then he has not been able to at least sign SOME of his identified transfer targets, then he will turn round to milne and miller to say "there is no way i can achieve ANYTHING with the unrealistic constraints imposed as it is affecting the team, the club and the product on the pitch.  I wont have anymore to do with it as it is now tarnishing my reputation.  Go fuck yorselves."

Why would MM do that when he is continuely saying in the papers that he knew the financial constraints that would be in place when he took the job? He must have thought that he could do a job with the funding when he took the job.

Why would MM do that when he is continuely saying in the papers that he knew the financial constraints that would be in place when he took the job? He must have thought that he could do a job with the funding when he took the job.

Also, do Motherwell have a bigger budget than us?  If he manged to build a half decent squad there why can't he do that here? 

I would also disagree with you on this point, in fact I would say its the exact opposite. The kids coming through are used to us being pish and accept it.

I agree I started following Aberdeen when Fergie was here and we were winning trophies every year. I find it frustrating we have won nothing for 15 years and not been to a final for 10. Alot of the younger fans will not remember those days so failure is the norm.