Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Guest rocket debris

Meow! You go girlfriend!

It's happening again. I'm on my best behaviour, not telling you weegies what I really think of you, sticking to the points and my posts get deleted? Hardly the actions of an intelligent - self-declared - AFC webchatspeak site? Where's your breadth of thinking? Censorship in the coffee morning me thinks.

It's happening again. I'm on my best behaviour, not telling you weegies what I really think of you, sticking to the points and my posts get deleted? Hardly the actions of an intelligent - self-declared - AFC webchatspeak site? Where's your breadth of thinking? Censorship in the coffee morning me thinks.

Think you made your feelings known about weegies on afc chat with your tip for Miller  ;D

Guest rocket debris

Think you made your feelings known about weegies on afc chat with your tip for Miller  ;D

I don't like the man. I don't rate the man. I did not approve of his appointment. It was made for the wrong reasons. I haven't seen evidence of him adding value yet I am not permitted to have this opinion, an opinion based on personal experience over 3 decades?

The only thing that matters is: -

What does he get paid? Is he worth it? What was he appointed for? How is his performance against objectives?

If he does a great job for AFC I couldn't give a fuck that he's an arse. There is evidence to suggest he does not do a great job.

Sorry if this is too offensive for some to be expressed.

Guest rocket debris

There's been nothing deleted from this thread as far as I can see.

You are not telling the truth. Fuck me, I'm good ring any bells? You deleted the response to that too. jager or ajja. They're all the same to me.

I don't like the man. I don't rate the man. I did not approve of his appointment. It was made for the wrong reasons. I haven't seen evidence of him adding value yet I am not permitted to have this opinion, an opinion based on personal experience over 3 decades? personal experience of the man in his current role? No. which is why the point your making about the man being an arse is fairly irrelevant, seems that he could be a fantastic DOF and you would still be unconvinced because of your personal opinion of the man outwith his professional life

The only thing that matters is: -

What does he get paid? The latest annual reports mentioned how much the highest paid director recieved, now personally i'd doubt that this was miller, however taking the salery of the highest paid director from the over all wages paid to directors should give a rough estimate of what miller is on. although i cant get my hands on a copy of the report through a combination of being at work and not really caring

Is he worth it? I personally think he's not doing as bad a job as some make out, i'm willing to bet the vast majority dont know just how much his job covers (myself included) so its quite hard to gauge

What was he appointed for? I believe it was reported at the time of his appointment that he would act as a link between the board and the management, as well as between the club and the fans.  Now in my opinion he's done well acting as a link between the board and the management, always seemed to try his hardest to support the management teams.  It seems part of his role is to take charge of contract negotiations, both renewals and new signings, which has been a bit of a farce for years.  Although i'd say most of this could be symptomatic of modern footballers in the bosman era who wait to see who will be interested in signing them before committing to a new deal with the club.  Finally a big part of his remit when he started the DOF role was to revamp the youth system, and the success of this is abundant just now, no one can deny he has done a great job at this and given the club real promise for the future as far as young players making the breakthrough goes

How is his performance against objectives? Would say its quite hard to judge his success, far harder than judgin the success of a manager or a player, purely because theres much more to his role than most people understand.  If i had to, id say hes doing a fairly good job going on the points ive raised in response to your question about what he was brought in to do.

If he does a great job for AFC I couldn't give a fuck that he's an arse. There is evidence to suggest he does not do a great job.Out of interest what evidence is this?

Sorry if this is too offensive for some to be expressed.

Do Soul have a nightclub licence?

Yeah.

Downstairs is open until 3am. Upstairs is open until 5am. Upstairs is great for afters, expensive, but great, they have 7's  :thumbsup: (oh, and do breakfasts too!)

As for Miller. The 5 years after he was DoF, were significantly better than the 5 years before. Simple really. Weather the next 5 years will be better than the last 5? I don't know, but I hope so.

Guest rocket debris

Last word. I have direct experience of him in his present role. Why did you say I hadn't? You invent stuff to "support" your view?

If you can't see the suggestion that the evidence is that he's not doing a good job "out of interest", then you aren't looking very closely or you are entrenched in a need for confrontation. The football is dire and has been dire. How are you judging the impression of whether he is or is not doing a good job? His attracting quality players? The contract negotiations? The relationship with the fans, the insults that he expressly delivered? The trophies, what?

Sorry I'll rephrase that, what experience do you have of him in his current role? Got to admit i skimmed the thread so might have missed it.

I do think its laughable that you're accusing me of being out for confrontation when i went out of my way to answer your questions as fully as i can, frankly I've got better things to do than seek confrontation with someone on the internet, perhaps you should aim for the same...

the points you've made about the football being dire and what not would become the responsibility of the manager long before it comes to the dof, although i understand that would go against your entire argument and mean mcghee comes in for criticism, which must be hard for you to accept...

Contract negotiations are a valid point, one which i already explained, and attracting the right standard of player, well surely its the management that pick the targets, and having his hands tied by a tight budget made tighter after the collapse of setanta would make attracting quality players tough I'd imagine...

Oh and i did say one of the ways you could gauge millers success, try reading my first post on the subject.

Like i said, there's more to millers role than the average fan knows, to criticise something you don't fully understand is quite ignorant, especially when you're ignoring the positives.

And what insults would that be then?

Guest rocket debris

Oh and i did say one of the ways you could gauge millers success, try reading my first post on the subject.

Like i said, there's more to millers role than the average fan knows, to criticise something you don't fully understand is quite ignorant, especially when you're ignoring the positives.

And what insults would that be then?

How can you say that I criticised something I don't fully understand? Please find the exact criticism to which you refer?

You are unaware of the insults and the divisive PR which led to the chairman acknowledging this as a problem 14 months ago?

Guest rocket debris

the points you've made about the football being dire and what not would become the responsibility of the manager long before it comes to the dof, although i understand that would go against your entire argument and mean mcghee comes in for criticism, which must be hard for you to accept...

What is my entire argument? You seem to have a misguided view of what I have said. Fabricating again?

McGhee has not set the heather on fire. He is struggling with a poor team. I have never said otherwise.