Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Yeah, the rest of the directors don't take a salary I think the report said. Miller's contract is bonus driven hence he got over £100,000 when we reached Europe.

You have to wonder however about what damage Miller's outside business interests are causing to AFC in the local community, yet again his business has gone bust and many companies are not receiving money due to them.

You have to wonder however about what damage Miller's outside business interests are causing to AFC in the local community, yet again his business has gone bust and many companies are not receiving money due to them.

What effect would this have on AFC?

corporate investment, whether that's the executive boxes, shirt sponsorship, pitchside advertising etc. If he's not viewed fondly within local business circles because of his own business dealings a lot could take their investments elsewhere.

Yip, I'd tend to agree with that BB, if his business dealings are THAT bad there must be some in the business community unwilling to invest in something so heavily identified with Miller. Even though Miller has (and hopefully continues not to have) nothing really to do with the corporate side of the club.

corporate investment, whether that's the executive boxes, shirt sponsorship, pitchside advertising etc. If he's not viewed fondly within local business circles because of his own business dealings a lot could take their investments elsewhere.

Do oil companies often invest in chippers?

I don't think his crap business sense outside Pittodrie would have to much of an effect on us.

As DoF, isn't his remit just the footballing side? Not the financial one?

Do oil companies often invest in chippers?

I don't think his crap business sense outside Pittodrie would have to much of an effect on us.

As DoF, isn't his remit just the footballing side? Not the financial one?

Is it only oil companies that are investing at Pittodrie?

His remit is the football side, but he is essentially the figurehead of our club. If people have had issues with him in business - entirely plausible as his recent venture has gone bust and therefore there are likely to be other businesses effected by the cash flow problems Miller's business undoubtedly had - then I think it would be rather naive not to think this could have a negative effect on the club.

Im sure companies are more put off by his crap people skills rather than his dogy business dealings. Everybody I know that has met him has said he is pretty anti social.  I think Milne is a problem tho.  Apparently he now lives in Perth and has hardly been at todders this year.  Im sure he would happily sell but there have been no takers!

Guest rocket debris

Can anyone help answer some questions here and post yer own.

Certainly. I'll do it after profound thought and be as relevant as possible.

WM is an arse. He was the best player I've ever seen at AFC. Why are these mutually exclusive?

What does he get paid? What value does he add? Should his position be under review?

Why was he appointed in the first place? Has he met his targets these 5.5+ years?

Fuck me, I'm good.

Seeing Willie guzzle bubbly left us fizzingBy STUART PATTERSON

Published: Today

Add a comment (0)

A FURIOUS businessman owed cash by Willie Miller last night told of his outrage as he watched the football legend down champagne - despite running up debts of almost £1million.

Dozens of firms were left out of pocket when the Aberdeen FC hero's latest diner collapsed last month.

But he was spotted sipping champagne in a upmarket nightspot in the city just a day after he told creditors it was unlikely they would get a penny of what they are owed.

Folded ... Skippers diner shut down in JanuaryThe angry businessmen accosted him in Soul nightclub on Saturday - hours after Aberdeen lost 3-0 to Motherwell.

Owed cash ... John KingOne furious creditor said: "Willie is out living the high life while he's up to his neck in debt. We want to know how he can go out every night of the week when he owes so much cash all over the city."

The protests were led by John King, who had supplied fish to Miller's failed diner. He marched up to the Dons' director of football and told him: "Times must be tough if you afford to order champagne."

An onlooker revealed: "John was beside himself when he saw Willie in the bar.

"He demanded to know how much cash Willie had with him, in the hope that he would try to settle some of his debts. But Willie wouldn't budge."

Miller, 54, who was awarded an MBE in 1991, made a record 558 appearances for Aberdeen and won 65 Scotland caps.

But his track record off the pitch hasn't been so successful.

Night out ... Miller downed fizz in Soul barTwo restaurants he ran on Aberdeen's beachfront, Cafe Continental and Harry Ramsden's, folded in 2005 with debts of £632,000. He then opened Skippers at the end of 2008, but that folded in January - owing £368,000 to nearly 50 creditors.

It's understood some of the businessmen who are owed money are planning a campaign to get Miller kicked out of the club.

The creditor added: "To see him living it up after the team's been beaten 3-0 is horrendous. He doesn't deserve to be involved with Aberdeen any more."

John King refused to comment last night and Willie Miller also refused to discuss the incident.

A spokesman for the Pittodrie club said: "The guy who caused the problem was thrown out of the bar because of his behaviour. Willie wasn't."

Guest rocket debris

He's not bitten for a couple of days. Must be too busy calling us everything elsewhere.

I tried to but the most intelligent AFC webchatspeaksite admin decided to delete my post. I only post on here when it's not busy so as to avoid the personal confrontations so that'll be any time 24/7 then.