Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ins and Outs - The Verdict

I think the squad in the long run will be stronger from the deals done in January, 500k (ish) should be able to secure a couple of players that can do a job, getting the two lads on loan means we lose nothing really, if they play well and then leave so be it, i just hope its not the future of the club to be used by fringe players as a show room.

Mcguire going was a bit of a suprise given we have so little in the way of forward players at the club, but if he gets games at killie then thats got to be good for us, he should also see the quality of player they have there and realise how much better he has it up here, but i fear that he may think that he is too good for killie and not really put the effort in, his attitude does seem poor at times, and this has held/ will hold him back.

Really hope Mclean can score goals, but if hes not getting a game down south, hardly strikes me with uber confidence that he will break the net week in here, but maybe just maybe a change of scenery, boost in confidence. Need to score in first 2-3 games to get up and running, or it might prove to be a monkey on his back

but i fear that he may think that he is too good for killie and not really put the effort in, his attitude does seem poor at times, and this has held/ will hold him back.

i think if he acts like that he may well find that he is no longer required by Aberdeen. I think its a good idea to ship him out as MM needs him to play more games. He has the potential but if he doesn't start showing it on a regular basis then he'll follow the likes of Andy Bagshaw out the door to the lower leagues.

I also think Maguire going on loan will maybe serve as a warning to the current crop of up and coming youngsters..."..Just cos you've been in the 1st team doesn't mean you're irreplaceable!"

Not that I doubt their effort or committment, but it'll show them there's a long way to go in football before you're the "real deal"