Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The Football Years

Interesting that about Chris Anderson, if only we still had him around.

From a purely selfish view, I just wish Chris Anderson had lived an extra ten years.  I have absolutely no doubt that things would be infinitely better for us than they are at present.

One of the nicest but saddest stories I've heard about the man is the one Jack Webster recounts on Stand Free about Mr Anderson and Eric Black before the 85 League Cup Final when Mr Anderson basically knew it would be his last final.  A true visionary, but also a true Don.  If only we had one of them around these days...

Whilst I agree with your sentiment I would say an extra 20 years from CA as the 10 years after his death were fairly successful and with respect football was changing to be more effected by who has the most cash etc. That said there's no doubting how disorangised we were for a large part of the 1990's.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment I would say an extra 20 years from CA as the 10 years after his death were fairly successful and with respect football was changing to be more effected by who has the most cash etc. That said there's no doubting how disorangised we were for a large part of the 1990's.

in the next ten years we built the Dick Donald stand. That really was not required, and everything went downhill from there.

in the next ten years we built the Dick Donald stand. That really was not required, and everything went downhill from there.

It needed developed but maybe not to the grand scale that it was done on..although I guess AFC will argue that the corporate sales it generated made it worth it?

Guess I relaly shouldn't comment ahead of watching said programme, but from the look of the trailers to date for it, get the impression as others have said that they are going to present the Arabs as our equals during this time.

Like fuck they were !

Poor imitation, wih their league cup victory and I still remain convinced were it not for our exploits elsewhere we would have taken the league title in '83

Guest rocket debris

It's just a pity we don't have a multi millionaire in charge nowadays :(

Motivations of a football club owner: -

1. Altruistic philanthropy - absolute love for the club

2. Legitimacy - laundering money appropriated by other means

3. Egocentricity - wanting to "be someone" in the adopted country

4. Greed - make money from it.

Chelsea, Man C, Portsmouth, Man U, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen - their owners will have differing agenda's, some of whom will be a combination of the above.

Jack Walker may have been the last who did it exclusively for the club, Fergus McCann was 4 and 1 and all of them will want a bit of 4 but I don't see any evidence of the other 3 motivations in Milne. Fuck knows what the TSB want out of Ibrox.

Guess I relaly shouldn't comment ahead of watching said programme, but from the look of the trailers to date for it, get the impression as others have said that they are going to present the Arabs as our equals during this time.

Like fuck they were !

Poor imitation, wih their league cup victory and I still remain convinced were it not for our exploits elsewhere we would have taken the league title in '83

I think the programme is just about 1979.  Anyway, as its on STV I don't think anyone should be getting their hopes up about it.

Aberdonians and with some degree of purpose and right on their side have absolute contempt for Glasgow.

There is a side of Aberdonians who lets be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you could measure it by the yard.

And I bet you a lot of them were watching telly saying there you go, that's what they are really like.