Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tommy Wright

No not really. Anyway Stockport are broke so cannot see them being able to pay for him and if we free him we would have to pay up his contract which we cannot afford to do. I would we are stuck with him until his contract expires.

They could take over his contract. Or we could subsidise his wages until the end of it, or something. Or anything. I just wish he'd fuck off, it'd be best for everyone involved.

The most galling aspect is that we spent £100k on him, add his wages for a year and a half plus costs and yet despite having cash in the bank of over £2,000,000 the board did not see fit to spend £20k to support the new manager to bring in a quality player in Jim O'Brien. You never know, this new manager might be good. Improving the squad which is patently required may lead to improved performances and may even lead to bigger gate receipts. We got stiffed big time with big Tommy. Never been fit, either physically or for purpose. Thanks JC & WM.

Yawn.

Change the record.

Guest rocket debris

Yawn.

Change the record.

Sorry, I'm a bit slow. What specific point did I repeat? I'm pretty sure this was my first post on this thread. What point is it that you disagree with? Can I draw you into the debate? Or do you prefer making infantile non-contributions?

Where has this additional £25k come from on top of his £75k transfer fee? It's not the first time I've seen £100k mentioned in respect of this transfer in the last month. I was even sad enough to type Tommy Wright into the search bar and everything I found from the time mentioned £75k as being the transfer fee.

Still at £75k it's £100k more than should have ever been spent on him.

Sorry, I'm a bit slow. What specific point did I repeat? I'm pretty sure this was my first post on this thread. What point is it that you disagree with? Can I draw you into the debate? Or do you prefer making infantile non-contributions?

You managed to bring up the Kilmarnock manager in a thread about an Aberdeen player possibly moving to Stockport. Before going on to once again moan about our DoF.

Guest rocket debris

spoiling for a fight as usual rocket?

Picking on the less fortunate isn't the way.

Not at all. Just defending myself. You spoke about the quality of debate yesterday. Taking things out of context or picking up on an error and ignoring the main point suggests that there are some "less fortunate" beings kicking about.

Bearing in mind we once spent 400k on Nigel Pepper and almost 800k on Brian O'Neil it's hardly the biggest fuck up ever.

Every manager makes mistakes.

True.

Also after reading K9's rant on the fee's paid out for players by Calderwood the other day, I did start to wonder what Calderwood's Net transfer spend was? It did cross my mind that this may be negative, but I'm willing to be proved wrong? Anyone anal enough and bothered enough to work it out?

True.

Also after reading K9's rant on the fee's paid out for players by Calderwood the other day, I did start to wonder what Calderwood's Net transfer spend was? It did cross my mind that this may be negative, but I'm willing to be proved wrong? Anyone anal enough and bothered enough to work it out?

taking into account £1m for Anderson, I believe you may be right.

This story is hardly something we're new to as Aberdeen supporters. Could we not have had both Jason Scotland and Ferrie Bodde for £50k each? Which the board would not sanction. Add to that the sub £100 p/w that we allegedly lost Mickey Hart for!

I suppose there has to be limits; which have to be stuck too. Otherwise, god forbid, we'd end up several million in debt  ;). However, how frustrating is it when the board seem to sanction money to be spent at the wrong time on the wrong players, time and time again?

Bearing in mind we once spent 400k on Nigel Pepper and almost 800k on Brian O'Neil it's hardly the biggest fuck up ever.

Every manager makes mistakes.

Can we please not mention this cunt again. It has taken me years of expensive therapy to get over the trauma of seeing the useles twat playing for Aberdeen but you evil bastards keep bring him up.