Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Foster signs new deal

Foster could very well be a future captain of AFC and never thought I'd say that until recently

My opinion on the loon is that he is one of those players, who, under Calderwood would probably never have stoppeddeveloping, however, MM seems to be the man who is used to either getting more out of average/poor players or further developing players and getting them to play to thier strengths.

Foster has been fairly solid this season and seems to have screwed the nut, to the point where I can see the above happening if he continues.  It is often the case that defenders dont mature until slightly later than other positions, so a three year deal and we may see the best from the lad. 

Nice one.

Nice to hear someone who actually appreciates the fact that the Dons are a pretty decent team to be playing for and who is happy to be settled in Aberdeen!

Has definitely been giving 100% so far this season - let's just hope that is maintained now the ink is dry...

:thumbsup:

Guest ally s

Foster has improved no end this season, there's no doubt about that.  I do however think that he is a player of somewhat limited ability who needs to concentrate 100% on doing the right things on the park. I reckon giving him the captaincy would be too much responsibility for him thus affecting his game. Just an opinion mind.

There's no chance Foster will be captain of AFC, surely.

Care to expand as to why you think that ???

As has been said he is 3rd choice.

When Kerr was red carded unless I'm mistaken he took the band, and wasn't afraid to get in the thick of things. Think he has developed a nasty streak and would stick up for his team mates when the going gets tough

Care to expand as to why you think that ???

As has been said he is 3rd choice.

When Kerr was red carded unless I'm mistaken he took the band, and wasn't afraid to get in the thick of things. Think he has developed a nasty streak and would stick up for his team mates when the going gets tough

Do clubs seriously have 3rd choice captains? Is there a 4th choice?

For me Foster has Ally has correctly pointed out is a limited footballer but one that is playing out of his skin this year, which is great.....

But how does that make him captain material? I'm not saying we have a team of or infact even one Willie Miller out there in the current squad but Ricky Foster for captain? Crikey.

"We have also agreed a deal with Foster and I expect him to sign before the game against Hearts on Saturday.

"Foster is a lot better on the ball than I realised before I came here.

"He is very good in the air for his size and in the last two months he has been our most consistent player. I am thrilled he's staying as I think he will be really important for the way I see this team developing in the future.

"Mark Kerr's out of contract and I am really keen he stays as well but if he does leave Fozzy is candidate for the captaincy."

:o

Captained us once.

We bet Rangers in that game.

I'd be happy for him to be captain more often.

I second that emotion.

Given the record of our last few captains he coudnae really be any worse an option...

Would love us to have someone with a mouth on them as captain for a change.

Don't imagine he'd be too slow getting tore in if given  licence...