Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Foster signs new deal

Guest rocket debris

It's not just Barca and Chelsea signing up their current stars and planning for the future.

Nice one Ricardo. He'll not be expensive and he's been one of the most consistent this season.

Good work AFC. That should get the rest of our superstars thinking about committing too.

We'll guarantee top six every year at this rate.

I think he's doing alright for a player who, as you say, is definitely of limited footballing ability but does have genuine pace, an asset. A player I would have not given a shiny shite about leaving in the not too distant past but has definitely upped his game this past season and a half and I am, on balance, pleased about him staying.

Aye. Been very unimpressed with Foster the past few seasons but think he's grown up this season. He's been one of very few consistent performers which is exactly what is needed when largely the same group of players are being asked to adapt to a new regime.

Average player at best and a sad indication of where we are as a club when we are reduced to keeping players of his limited ability.

I think he's doing alright for a player who, as you say, is definitely of limited footballing ability but does have genuine pace, an asset. A player I would have not given a shiny shite about leaving in the not too distant past but has definitely upped his game this past season and a half and I am, on balance, pleased about him staying.

Guest rocket debris

Local lad, maturing, establishing himself in the team. If he continues to improve why not? He is as stupid as dirt though.

Strong opinion to have. Source/experience from which your opinion originates?

Guest rocket debris

I had formed an admittedly fairly uninformed opinion of the lad simply by watching him play fitba. Then was told of some remarkably thick headed behaviour whilst at school by a few of his contemporaries. True, he may have, much like his fitba, improved from there but I'll stick wi daft.

Hadn't heard that one, can you remember any details?

The intelligence level of dirt is unanalyzable due to its lack of sentience. The comparison is therefore purely figurative and requires no source or experience.

Stupid -

stu?pid

??/?stup?d, ?styu?/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [stoo-pid, styoo?] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, noun

Use stupid in a Sentence

See web results for stupid

See images of stupid

–adjective

1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.

2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.

3. tediously dull, esp. due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.

4. annoying or irritating; troublesome: Turn off that stupid radio.

5. in a state of stupor; stupefied: stupid from fatigue.

6. Slang. excellent; terrific.

I think this thread demonstrates the 'experience' that Foster is as excellent and terrific as dirt...which again, is a qualitatively unanalyzable term when describing dirt.

I had formed an admittedly fairly uninformed opinion of the lad simply by watching him play fitba. Then was told of some remarkably thick headed behaviour whilst at school by a few of his contemporaries. True, he may have, much like his fitba, improved from there but I'll stick wi daft.