Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Donstalk AFC Shittest Team of the Decade

Worst signing - leon mike.    Worst homegrow. . . Michie?! Was going to say bagshaw. If he played. I remember the ee saying he was the next rooney. How wrong!      Worst goalkeeper,  bossu.    Worst defender,  jamie macquilken.      Worst midfield,      billio.      Worst attacker,      leon mike.      Worst manager,    pele.            Team.    Bossu, macquilken, rutkeiwicz, bus, morrison, muirhead, billio, fabiano, derek young, mike, bird.    Worst game. The seven against celtic or queens.      The worst player of the decade, probably the number 12 red army boo boys get it from me.

Bobby! How can you say Byrne was the worst signing? Crikey! At least he had some decent games. I mean, I wasn't his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination and most of the time cursed his signing. But I would never give him that accolade of being the worst signing. Blaha is miles ahead of him in that :hammer:

Also, MadBad, no way was Touzani our worst midfielder, he would be up there with the best if he actually got played. That is all I have to say on the matter.

Bobby! How can you say Byrne was the worst signing? Crikey! At least he had some decent games. I mean, I wasn't his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination and most of the time cursed his signing. But I would never give him that accolade of being the worst signing. Blaha is miles ahead of him in that :hammer:

Well, basically because of the amount of money he cost us. Not just because of the signing on fee, but in terms of wages, the treatment we would have paid for when he was out for long spells with injury and we knew that even when he was fit he was gash.  Shouldn't have been bought in the first place, but for the manager to perservere with him just smacked of pig-headedness. The last part obviously isn't Byrne's fault, but he was a near hopeless defender.  Had a couple of ok-ish games I'll grant you, but for the amount of time he was at the club and the amount of money that must have been wasted a couple of ok-ish games really is nowhere near good enough.

There were worse players than him undoubtedly, but when it comes down to the reasons above he only edges out Jackie McNamara due to length of "service".

Well, basically because of the amount of money he cost us. Not just because of the signing on fee, but in terms of wages, the treatment we would have paid for when he was out for long spells with injury and we knew that even when he was fit he was gash.  Shouldn't have been bought in the first place, but for the manager to perservere with him just smacked of pig-headedness. The last part obviously isn't Byrne's fault, but he was a near hopeless defender.  Had a couple of ok-ish games I'll grant you, but for the amount of time he was at the club and the amount of money that must have been wasted a couple of ok-ish games really is nowhere near good enough.

There were worse players than him undoubtedly, but when it comes down to the reasons above he only edges out Jackie McNamara due to length of "service".

Fair enough, its a rational enough decision, I was just basing mine on performances for the club, but he did cost us a fuck load of money in the end! But you have just reminded me of one that I had completely blanked from my memory for obvious reasons....Jackie McNamarararara :( Think I may have another look at my team.

Am I the only one who thinks Rutkiewicz wasn't that bad a player? He did well when thrown into the team at short notice to play at right back in Berlin and captained the team to a win at Parkhead. Don't recall him having any bad games when played in the middle, although wasn't great at right back. I rated him higher than I currently rate Considine.

Thought he was ok and would have improved in a more stable side.

Am I the only one who thinks Rutkiewicz wasn't that bad a player? He did well when thrown into the team at short notice to play at right back in Berlin and captained the team to a win at Parkhead. Don't recall him having any bad games when played in the middle, although wasn't great at right back. I rated him higher than I currently rate Considine.

Agree completely. I really liked Touzani (what I saw of him) and think we'd have been much better with him last season, let alone this year!

Indeed, what we would be with him controlling midfield. Admitedly, it took him a bit of time to get used to the game, but why we got rid when he had a run in the side and seemed to have settled was beyond me. I still think we suffered because we got rid last season, but hey ho. Injuries aside, I always felt he was a decent player for us. Plus  a few of us had a photo with him at the Falkirk "Stadium" :)

Back in the SPL now captaining St Johnstone isn't he?

What a contradiction in terms that is.  He's our worst homegrown player but four managers have seen quality in him?  ???

I think you are forgetting some of the real shockers we've brought through only for them to end up at Peterhead or Inverurie Locos.

Take a look at any match thread on DonsTalk when Mackie plays for longer than 20 minutes, and you'll see that many Dons fans agree with my stance. For the return he has given us (no, 2 vital goals in five seasons is NOT a viable return!) he does not deserve to be an SPL striker .... certainly not a striker for an SPL club that harbours top-four ambitions every single season.

Whilst I could've given the worst-homegrown accolade to Michie, Donald, Muirhead, O'Donoghue, etc, these players have all been shipped out to lower-league teams and have resultantly found their level. Mackie's level is NOT the upper SPL. He must be affa good to hae around the place for dressing room camaraderie and all that, cos he's a shit striker that has flown under the radar of three managerial teams (not including McGhee as I've not seen any comments from MM yet about Mackie).

Worst Aberdeen Player of the Decade: Leon Mike

Worst homegrown player: Tiernan

Worst signing: McNamara

Worst goalkeeper: Bossu

Worst defender: McQuilken

Worst midfielder: Muirhead

Worst forward: Prunty

Worst manager: McGhee

Pick your worst starting XI from the decade:

Bossu

McQuilken Bus Lilley McNamara

Muirhead  Winter  Tiernan Fabiano

Prunty Mike

Worst Game of the Decade: Queen of the South

Biggest single disappointment of the decade:  The conga at Hampden

For me the whole decade wasn't a disappointment as I got some cracking European trips out of it, particularly Munich and Berlin