Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Stewart McKimmie finally speaks some sense

Aye, but Bobby, the fans help pay the players wages. We all give heaps of abuse to yer average McDonalds employee. Can you imagine the uproar if said employee turned around and said "well, what do you expect? This is a fuckin McDonalds, ye tube!"

I think the paying customer would be pretty fucked off. Same goes for professional sportsmen. Part of being a professional sportsman is that you remain PROFESSIONAL!

Aye, but Bobby, the fans help pay the players wages. We all give heaps of abuse to yer average McDonalds employee. Can you imagine the uproar if said employee turned around and said "well, what do you expect? This is a fuckin McDonalds, ye tube!"

I think the paying customer would be pretty fucked off. Same goes for professional sportsmen. Part of being a professional sportsman is that you remain PROFESSIONAL!

I'm not saying it's not professional, but you claimed that act alone made McKimmie not a legend at Pittodrie which is nonsense.  One act in how many years? 12 or so, and that undoes all the good work he did?  There are other acts of unprofessionalism from other players, be it stupid sending offs, giving away penalties or missing open goals. 

Joe Harper slagged off Willie Miller in public recently, which was a pretty classless thing to do...does it make him any less of a legend? Of course it doesn't. Both Harper and McKimmie were paid to do a job for the club when they were with us and as far as I can see both did it tremendously well.  You don't have to like either personality to appreciate their skill and application.

And, if you were to go into McDonalds and give heaps of abuse to their employee (something which I've never done, incidentally) then you deserve everything you get back, whether that's unprofessional or otherwise. They are people doing a job, a job which shouldn't involve getting abuse from the general public.  You can claim McKimmie should have risen above it and he probably should have, but it's not always as easy as that (see also Cantona, Eric & Zidane, Zinedine) and as pointed out earlier, McKimmie was hurt by what was happening just as much as we all were.

Really? well I'm sorry that says more about you than it does anything else!

Agree with bobbybiscuit to be honest, really find it pathetic people being up in arms whenever a player gestures to the crowd etc after getting dogs abuse throughout a match

Really? well I'm sorry that says more about you than it does anything else!

Agree with bobbybiscuit to be honest, really find it pathetic people being up in arms whenever a player gestures to the crowd etc after getting dogs abuse throughout a match

You forget, we all know someone who works for BK and we give him plenty of abuse ;):D

Seriously though, can't say I give any staff abuse unless they've been rude to me. Eye for an eye, if you give abuse you deserve to get it back at you.

Players not getting abuse from the stands? Are you serious?

McKimmie should always be revered for his contribution to AFC. He should also be ridiculed for his contribution to journalism. I don't know why you can't have both.

I was talking about people working in McDonalds, TF, so from that point yes I was being serious. I was making no comparison with people shouting things from the stands.

As for his journalism, I've already said he speaks shite in "his" articles. That is not what I am arguing. Reekie said he is not a legend because he gave the South Stand the fingers.  I am amazed there is such a fine line being a legend and losing legend status.

I was talking about people working in McDonalds, TF, so from that point yes I was being serious. I was making no comparison with people shouting things from the stands.

As for his journalism, I've already said he speaks shite in "his" articles. That is not what I am arguing. Reekie said he is not a legend because he gave the South Stand the fingers.  I am amazed there is such a fine line being a legend and losing legend status.

Agreed. His legend status has more credence for giving it out than not.

Ok, I apologise for the McDonalds remark. I personally have never given any abuse to McDonalds staff. But I have stood in that queue enough times to see that there is more than a minority of customers who give the McD's staff more than their fair share of abuse.

Getting back to McKimmie, though. If Willie Miller walked past a packed South Stand, and someone shouted "Willie, yer a fuckin waste of money!" and Willie decided to stick the fingers up in the general direction of the South Stand, would you still herald him as high as you do now?

Ok, I apologise for the McDonalds remark. I personally have never given any abuse to McDonalds staff. But I have stood in that queue enough times to see that there is more than a minority of customers who give the McD's staff more than their fair share of abuse.

Getting back to McKimmie, though. If Willie Miller walked past a packed South Stand, and someone shouted "Willie, yer a fuckin waste of money!" and Willie decided to stick the fingers up in the general direction of the South Stand, would you still herald him as high as you do now?

yes.  I still hold McKimmie extremely highly, so why wouldn't i hold Miller highly too?

If he did it every week in a "I fucking hate playing for Aberdeen" type way then maybe not.  But that hasn't happened with McKimmie either.

If you don't like the guy then fair enough, I can understand why, I don't particularly like Joe Harper and his attitude in the media often talking the club down and having personal digs at people.  Does it make him any less of a legend? I don't think so. It's all about the football, we don't have to like them. I'd rather hate every one of their personalities as long as they did the business on the pitch.

McKimmie did the business on the pitch and then some.

• 2 weeks later...