Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

First set of games gone - where do you think we will finish?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I care not if Calderwood was unable to get us to a cup final Mcghees targets should be to win us a cup not get to the final.

In saying that not getting to a cup final I can accept if we are defeated by either side of the Old Firm or by a narrow margin by another SPL side. Being humiliated by lower league and SPL teams in the cups I cannot.

Like Dundee? Or is McGhee being granted the "He IS a better manager than Calderwood, only the players that Calderwood signed can't be coached any better" excuse that has been trotted out previously this season. Otherwise I agree the aim should be to win a trophy, not just reach the final.

Like Dundee? Or is McGhee being granted the "He IS a better manager than Calderwood, only the players that Calderwood signed can't be coached any better" excuse that has been trotted out previously this season. Otherwise I agree the aim should be to win a trophy, not just reach the final.

Agreed, RE: Winning Cups.

If we're not gonna win the fucker, might as well lose to a 3rd Division team in the first round as losing in the final.

Winning's all that counts in my eyes.

Exactly like Dundee. I am glad I was too lazy to venture down. Worst thing about the dundee defeat was that our stock in the cups had fallen so low no hun, tim or arab that I work with even took the piss about it. No Mcghee is not being given any slack. It is his job to motivate the players and have them play the way he wants to.

This season I expect at least 4th, otherwise what was the point in spending 600k (or so) just to finish lower than the previous season?  ???

To be honest though, I imagine if we are going to see the fruits of that 600k it isn't going to be this season.

I voted 5th by the way, too inconsistent, small squad, Mackie's shite etc...

To be honest though, I imagine if we are going to see the fruits of that 600k it isn't going to be this season.

I voted 5th by the way, too inconsistent, small squad, Mackie's shite etc...

Always been our downfall Azteca, voted for 5th as well. We are in a transition season so we will have to be patient. Hopefully McGhee will be able to get a few pre contract agreements sorted this Jan and make some proper changes to the squad over the summer.

Always been our downfall Azteca, voted for 5th as well. We are in a transition season so we will have to be patient. Hopefully McGhee will be able to get a few pre contract agreements sorted this Jan and make some proper changes to the squad over the summer.

5th for me too, if we don't get many more injuries and we sneak a few results.

Pish eh? As you say perhaps McGhee can get some of the players he fancies into the team that finished 4th and transform us into a team capable of finishing 4th.

5th, i think Hibs and United will battle it out for third but we'll get better as the season goes on.

as for winning a cup....

i think if, theoreticaly, we finish 5th, then surely that means we're the 5th best in scotland, so coming 5th in a cup competition ( or going out in the quarters) is what we should be aiming for? so anything more than that is a bonus? So is the idea of to reaching a final or even winning one would then be aiming high?

i dunno, would this equate to logic? ???

comments please... ;)