Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen Youth

As much as I want to contribute a pun of my own. "waft of changes"

oh dear unnamed journo. The phrase is 'raft of changes'

Pedantic I know...I'll get my (second) coat.

Was about to post that myself. Trying to imagine the substitutes drifting lightly onto the pitch as if blown in on a light wind.

Nah, its just that we're producing even better youngsters :)

That'll no doubt be down in part to Len Taylor, the Youth Academy Director.  He was my depute headie at Kemnay Academy and if he's half as good as being a fitba director as fit he wis at bein a depute headie the young uns definitely have a chance to develop their fitba playing style. 

Malaga 0 Aberdeen 4

Aberdeen put in a superb performance tonight to beat La Liga side Malaga 4-0 in Antequera.

This afternoon Malaga started the game strongly and their movement and passing was very good. Despite having less possession the Aberdeen boys defended well and when they got to grips with the Spaniards movement they got themselves into the game and eventually completely overran them with some excellent football.

The Dons first goal came on 44 minutes. Jordan Brown, who had a brilliant game, picked out Gilli Sorensen which a great pass. The Faroes striker was one on one with the Malaga keeper and showed great composure to put the Dons 1-0 up just before the break.

After half time the game was even and both teams had their moments but crucially on 52 minutes Aberdeen got a second killer goal. Joe Shaugnessy picked out Callum McRobbie in the box and the striker turned his defender brilliantly and finished well by putting his shot across the keeper into the corner of the net.

At this point Aberdeen took control of the game. Just on the hour mark as Neil Cooper was preparing to make a couple of substitutions, Nicky Low played a brilliant diagonal ball to Jordan Brown. The midfielder took a great first touch which was matched by the finished.

Aberdeen added a fourth which their played deserved. Clark Robertson did well inside the area. His effort was blocked but Anthony Bolger was on hand to put the ball into the net.

The score line could have been more. The Dons had a couple of chances and Nico Gibson was very unlucky not to score.

It was a very good team performance today. Marshalled at the back by captain Scott Ross, the defence did very well with Scott Bain and Stirling Smith solid at the back. Clark Robertson and Nicky Low ran the midfield and young Jack Grimmer, the youngest player in the side, put in another impressive display.

What makes the Dons victory even more impressive was the fact it was a very young side that managed to beat the La Liga outfit. Pawlett and Fyvie still qualified to play for the 19s but are obviously playing for the first team and Nicky Clark is on loan at Peterhead. Mitch Megginson and Ryan Jack are also in the current Dons first team squad.

Team: Bain, Jarvis, S Smith, Robertson, Shaughessy, Ross, Sorensen, Brown, Grimnmer, McRobbie, Low

Subs Hansson, Bolger, Gibson, Davidson, Masson, Devaney

A very pleased Neil Cooper spoke to RedWeb this evening.

"The boys have been working very hard during their time here. They have been doing double sessions every day. They have been training in the morning then John Sharp has been doing gym work with them in the afternoon.

"I thought the boys played really well today. They showed great technical ability and movement. They defended well as a team when we had to and also as a team we created a lot of chances.

"It was a very mature performance for such a young side."

Aberdeen are back in action tomorrow night against Granada 74 CF.

The team news ahead of the game - Michael Dunlop is currently injured. Hallur Hansson has a knock so was not risked in the match today but is likely to be ok for the match against Granada. Neil Cooper is likely to shuffle the team a bit and he confirmed to RedWeb that Nico Gibson, Lewis Davidson and Przemyslaw Lukasik are all going to start the match.

The match kicks off at 18:00 local time. RedWeb will have a match report tomorrow night. The Dons final match is against Union Deportiva Marbella on Monday night (20:00 local time kick off)

:clap: good result for the loons

Seems they have been involved in a scrap on the pitch leading to the game being abandoned.

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/aberdeen-u19s-final-20100118_2212158_1936866

Aberdeen U19s final match of their Leonardo Da Vinci funded project in Spain against Union Deportiva Marbella was abandoned this evening.

U19s coach Neil Cooper made the decision to end the game after a series of incidents throughout the first half which included serious violent conduct towards a number of the Aberdeen players.

With the young Dons leading 1-0, Jordan Brown scoring from a Stirling Smith cross, Cooper and his fellow staff were left with no option but to return with the boys to the team hotel without concluding the match.

Neil told RedWeb this evening "It has been a thoroughly productive and well organised trip. The incidents tonight are only a minor blip in what has otherwise been a fantastic two weeks for the players.

"I would like to commend the boys for their professional attitude especially tonight in testing circumstances."

Aberdeen FC kids attacked in Marbella

Friendly abandoned after spitting

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 19/01/2010

ABERDEEN FC pulled the plug during a youth match in Spain after some of their players were attacked by the other team.

The Aberdeen FC kids were leading 1-0 in a friendly against local side Union Deportiva Marbella when coach Neil Cooper called a halt because of what he described as “disgusting†behaviour from some of the Spanish players.

Jordan Brown, the scorer of Aberdeen’s goal, was spat on.

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

Spitting is considered assault if done on purpose; in the UK at least. Not least because of the possibility of transferring disease, for example hepatitis.

Oh please. I appreciate you are only presenting facts but really, I'm crushed by the pathetic nature of it all, really I am. Cooper needs to make the young boys watch some of the European games from the 80s. The Bayern Munich game at Pittodrie is full of challenges that would have players in hospital for weeks in the modern game. Total girls.

Oh please. I appreciate you are only presenting facts but really, I'm crushed by the pathetic nature of it all, really I am. Cooper needs to make the young boys watch some of the European games from the 80s. The Bayern Munich game at Pittodrie is full of challenges that would have players in hospital for weeks in the modern game. Total girls.

I can't say I disagree, because if they can't cope with a bunch of Spanish kids, how are they going to deal with scum like Rangers. Still, spitting in someones face is unacceptable, and the referee should have dealt with it.

Anyway, sounds like a good showing from the young lads, against what are no doubt technically proficient opposition.

I can't say I disagree, because if they can't cope with a bunch of Spanish kids, how are they going to deal with scum like Rangers. Still, spitting in someones face is unacceptable, and the referee should have dealt with it.

Anyway, sounds like a good showing from the young lads, against what are no doubt technically proficient opposition.

Fair play (bad choice of words!).

My dismay is not in any way aimed at your opinion.  ;)

According to http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1566587 they were also punched a few times

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Jordan Brown, the scorer of Aberdeen’s goal, was spat on.

Cooper also claimed the same Spanish player struck Brown in the face and punches were also thrown at the Aberdeen FC youngsters.

Cooper felt he was left with no option and ordered his team to leave the field.

Cooper said: “I was concerned for the safety of my players.

“What went on was disgusting and totally unacceptable.

“Jordan was spat on and several of us also saw the Spanish lad swing one of his arms and hit him in the face.

“Jordan is fortunate he didn’t suffer a serious injury to his nose.

“Punches were also thrown at the players.

“The referee was hopeless and it was clear he wasn’t going to protect the players.

“I took the only course of action open to me and told them to leave the pitch.â€

Surely Kerr can give them some pointers on how to fight..........